• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any chance we'll see powder from Goex in 2023 ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, who has actually spoken to a person in Minden who can say when powder is coming?

Bother-in-law information does not count.

All else speculation does not count.
Two major suppliers said April, that’s good enough for me.
If that’s speculation to you Feel free to Call them and report back what they say.
You can Goggle their phone number…

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the time I can drive over to Dixon's and grab a couple cans of Goex.
I'm shooting Scheutzen now, and have no issues with it, but look forward to not needing to order on line and being able to support an American company.
I'll still pick up Swiss here and there, it's good powder.
I wish Estes luck and good fortune as they work to reestablish this business and product.
I'm looking forward to the time I can drive over to Dixon's and grab a couple cans of Goex.
I'm shooting Scheutzen now, and have no issues with it, but look forward to not needing to order on line and being able to support an American company.
I'll still pick up Swiss here and there, it's good powder.
I wish Estes luck and good fortune as they work to reestablish this business and product.
Dixions wants $25.00 Dollars a Tin for Percussion Caps and $5.00 to 6.00 dollars a piece for Flints now and I could only imagine what they want for powder . Was up there in kempton a week ago and their prices Sickened me. I bought four or five small items and was holding my Ass when I walked out and my wallet was well over a Hundred dollars lighter. I would never go there for powder ,flints, or caps, gotta draw the line somewhere it was a nice shop when the old man ran it ,RIP Chuck.

F%$k Goex !! They left everyone hanging until they got a government contract and now taking their d@mn time about it . Buy from from these folks ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828-001812.png
    Screenshot_20230828-001812.png
    656.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230828-001734.png
    Screenshot_20230828-001734.png
    776.4 KB · Views: 0
F%$k Goex !! They left everyone hanging until they got a government contract and now taking their d@mn time about it . Buy from from these folks ....
How is it Rob? I read on here it was a little slow. I went through their town today. I have a couple years worth of Schuetzen so didn’t stop and get any.

How is it Rob? I read on here it was a little slow. I went through their town today. I have a couple years worth of Schuetzen so didn’t stop and get any.
Sorry bud , I just came across it by accident lately . But ...American made powder ....I dont care if it isn't as good as Goex ...they have my business . I'd like to support them . Yeah , I like Schuetzen and I make my own too . I really want to find a dealer for this American Powder made in Ohio but I'll go to Pennsylvania if I have to , I ain't far from the border .

Last edited:
Goex/Estes, and I am not trying to be insensitive Rude or Ignorant here but they know the American people want an American made product that there used to and we have waited on them supposedly wanting to supply us and quite frankly have blown a lot of Smoke up our Hole with the Hay we’re back and here we go jazz and nothing but next month, next month next month ,and so on . To be Frank Get Lost and stay with your best customer, the Government because there calling the shots with this BP business any way…

Goex/Estes, and I am not trying to be insensitive Rude or Ignorant here but they know the American people want an American made product that there used to and we have waited on them supposedly wanting to supply us and quite frankly have blown a lot of Smoke up our Hole with the Hay we’re back and here we go jazz and nothing but next month, next month next month ,and so on . To be Frank Get Lost and stay with your best customer, the Government because there calling the shots with this BP business any way…
Exactly....

Ah ! I wish you'd stopped got some . I finally found a number for them , I'm gonna try and find some distributors . I'm in eastern Ohio , I'm not terribly far from them , so hopefully I can find a couple stores that carry this powder . ...then they'll have my business ! Between my home made powder and this new powder i'll never give a cent to Goex again .

finally ! Some info on this new to me black powder !/
American Black Powder , 1868 Port Matilda Hwy, Phillipsburg , PA 16866 , 814-342-1800 .

Strange , different phone number ? ...... Have to try them both and see ... Go figure , LOL
(814) 815 – 1776

1878 Port Matilda Hwy. Philipsburg, PA 16866

I have never even heard of them but it’s great to know some one else in the US is making it, Thanks for finding the Number Rob M.

I heard that Goex is suppose to ship around 1,800 pounds of powder to Friendship in time for the National shoot. They have been working to get the quality level up to where they want it to be. I’m not sure when powder is going to show up in stores.

I heard that Goex is suppose to ship around 1,800 pounds of powder to Friendship in time for the National shoot. They have been working to get the quality level up to where they want it to be. I’m not sure when powder is going to show up in stores.
that 1800 lbs will be burned up in a weekend then another 10 year wait for more. re-enactors should scale down their shoots or start making their own powder

Pretty cr4ppy attitude. The government paid them to set that all up I’m and is their main business. Did you donate money to help them get going again? Of course not.

Their mail customer is the government, not a small niche hobby.

Back