• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Any builders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm Bruce.
I had a gentleman I met on a forum build me a muzzleloading rifle one time,one I could not get built elsewhere. And he did a great job at building me that rifle,so that I have something not many others have. I am interested to know if there are any people on here that build muzzleloaders or stocks, etc?

Yes! I have a custom built percussion 8 bore,slower twist,28" oct barrel,french greyed barrel,back action lock with some engravings. Shoot hardcast 835 grain round balls that end up in the .840s with patch or 1352 grain .829 bullets. Max of 370 grs or 3f 777 or 60-70grs of 4759or 120grs of RE26 or slower with a small blue dot starter. To shoot I use a set of Lyman fiber sights and get good accuracy with especially with a ball load of 777 or the RE26 and a tight fitting bullet.i use it at 100 yrds or under with my glasses..
I put an "Accra shot" nipple on it and use small rifle magnum primers on it now.
It was built using the big breech plug from Track so the fire hole is drilled straight through to the barrel,no drum&bolster. I honestly don't think it recoils as much as I've read ppl say it does online. I had it built here. I want to get a 4 bore built by a shop in South Africa called Mkonto mfrg.
Got the 8bore ball would from an English maker. Use 1:10 tin:lead like they did in Africa back then.

I tried to upload pics but it wouldn't.ivegot some though.

Not many people have the 8s.

Yes! I have a custom built percussion 8 bore,slower twist,28" oct barrel,french greyed barrel,back action lock with some engravings. Shoot hardcast 835 grain round balls that end up in the .840s with patch or 1352 grain .829 bullets. Max of 370 grs or 3f 777 or 60-70grs of 4759or 120grs of RE26 or slower with a small blue dot starter. To shoot I use a set of Lyman fiber sights and get good accuracy with especially with a ball load of 777 or the RE26 and a tight fitting bullet.i use it at 100 yrds or under with my glasses..
I put an "Accra shot" nipple on it and use small rifle magnum primers on it now.
It was built using the big breech plug from Track so the fire hole is drilled straight through to the barrel,no drum&bolster. I honestly don't think it recoils as much as I've read ppl say it does online. I had it built here. I want to get a 4 bore built by a shop in South Africa called Mkonto mfrg.
Got the 8bore ball would from an English maker. Use 1:10 tin:lead like they did in Africa back then.

I tried to upload pics but it wouldn't.ivegot some though.

Not many people have the 8s.

Mine are shotguns

Latest posts

Back