• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any Allen Martin owners

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bldtrailer

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Might be in the market for an Allen Martin in .50, does anyone have one and what is the rifling twist he uses?

I’ve owned many of his rifles and still own one of his Schimmels in .54. I literally just sold a .50 by him on ALR last week. It was one of his earlier guns made in .45 and Bobby Hoyt-ed to .50. No one makes a sexier flintlock than Al. He uses different suppliers and barrel specs, I believe, depending on what’s appropriate for the period and origin of the gun. I’m not sure what his waiting list is right now (probably 1-2 years-ish) but he can make you one to your personal specs and what’s more the secondary market for his guns is as strong as new ones. He’s a super guy and can be contacted via his site or on ALR. The second from the top is my .54.

Edit: I see he’s here as well. Member name: Oldrifle. 👍🏻

Attachments

• 1858076F-CB43-4237-A32C-0F0256C39F47.jpeg
    1858076F-CB43-4237-A32C-0F0256C39F47.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2235F8A0-9FE0-48A0-9D4D-2864CAD7C423.jpeg
    2235F8A0-9FE0-48A0-9D4D-2864CAD7C423.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Also, you might ask him if he has one lying around. I’m sure he rarely does but I’ve bought at least one he had laying around and one from a buddy of his he made a new one for.

we will see him at the Kempton gun makers fair (near Dixon's over the hill from me) chewed his ear at the lewisburg fair last winter

Back