• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antonio Zoli

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Sanders

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Found an Antonio Zoli zouave tucked away in a junk store today. Looked to be in decent shape. Does anyone know when they were produced and how much it may be worth? The guy was asking $450.00. Not that I need it but it was beeing sold with a bayonet.

if it's in REAL good condition I would be willin' to give about 1/2 that askin' price for it.

my opinion & yer welcome to it.

I have 2 of the. My father bought them for he and I from Nave Arms in 1976. I think they were about 125$ We were shooting in the CWSA............the California version
of the NSSA. Sure miss my Dad.........good time for a 15 year old. :)

I bought one at an auction a month or so ago for 280 bucks.No bayonet and date code of 1967.I think it was worth it.

I have a Zoli Zouave, been told these are the best besides Pedersoli's. They tend to shoot pretty high, I installed a taller front sight to compensate. Likes conicals better than PRB. If it's in real good shape, offer $300-$350 and let them keep the bayonet. Just my humble opinion. :v Blackfingers

Dixie has the bayonet and scabbard for $69 bucks. The rifle is $975 new but I have seen it on sale there for less.

Blackfingers said:
I have a Zoli Zouave, been told these are the best besides Pedersoli's. They tend to shoot pretty high, I installed a taller front sight to compensate. Likes conicals better than PRB. If it's in real good shape, offer $300-$350 and let them keep the bayonet. Just my humble opinion. :v Blackfingers

I agree with Blackfingers - $300 is about right with $350 not unreasonable (but tops) if you really want it. They are sweet shooting and fun guns. Mine shot patched round balls quite well with 85 grains GOEX FFg and a tight patch. Three inch groups at 75 yards were the norm after I replaced the rear sight with a home made peep.

I agree with the others. $300 with maybe $350 tops with the bayonet. There's a Zoli Zouave for sale here locally for $349.00 full retail at a gun store. I paid $275 shipped to my door for an unfired as new Armi Jager Zouave a few years back.

I think it depends a lot on where you are. I haven't seen a good clean Zouave around here in many years. I'd gladly pay 400 to 450 for a very clean example, one that I could kick the tires on, not a sight unseen inter web thing.

For that price it MUST be in excellent condition and something I MUST HAVE and CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT :grin: :thumbsup: . If you just want a good shooter of Minie's then there are other rifled muskets out there at a better price.

hawken hunter 60 said:
Found an Antonio Zoli zouave tucked away in a junk store today. Looked to be in decent shape. Does anyone know when they were produced and how much it may be worth? The guy was asking $450.00. Not that I need it but it was beeing sold with a bayonet.

When I began working the "Navy Arms Booth" at the North South Skirmish Association Spring and Fall National Championships in 1974, I am pretty sure Navy Arms was no longer selling Zouaves made by Zoli. To my knowledge, Zoli made the first Zouaves in the 60's, then other Italian makers got on the band wagon of making them and other WBTS period military guns. However, Zoli may have still made them for a while, but not much past the mid/late 70's, as far as I know.

The Zoli Zouaves were THE MOST FAVORED made Zouaves for NSSA shooters for many years because the locks came closest to the quality of original locks vs the other Italian makers. I am not sure of the comparison to Pedersoli Zouaves, because they did not come out until after I stopped going to the NSSA shoots.

Since NSSA shooters are more interested in shooting than re-enacting, a real good Zoli Zouave and bayonet might possibly go for that much at one of the NSSA shoots and particularly at the National Shoots in Winchester, VA. However, most reenactors don't want them, so there is a very limited market for them and especially for top dollar.

I strongly suspect the Junk Dealer has the price that high because he/she hopes to sell it to someone who doesn't really know antique guns, "wants and old gun to hang over the fireplace" and who would be willing to pay that kind of money for decorator uses rather than as a shooter.

Gus

Back