• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Antler, bone, or scrimshaw Bowie knife.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman0125

40 Cal
Reaction score
I’m looking for an Antler, or Bone or Scrimshaw Bowie knife. or possibly a Confederate battle knife.

if you are interested, I have a hand made bowie for sale.
I’m looking for an Antler, or Bone or Scrimshaw Bowie knife. or possibly a Confederate battle knife.

Attachments

• DSC01802.JPG
    DSC01802.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 112
Any interest in a walnut coffin shaped bowie? No sheath, new & unsharpened. $125 plus shipping. Can send pics if interested.

Thanks for your interest. I can design and build to your needs. Let me know if I can assist you.

notice the differences between $500.00 and $125.00. Nothing I make is Commercial. My knives are made from scratch. It's all hand made. They are truly one of a kind. BTW I profile my blades with Files - no grinder. Mirror polished to 14000 grit. Comes with hand made sheath. Heat treat to 58 Rockwell. Guaranteed for life ( if not abused).

To be honest I’m really looking for something like an old trade knife. Nothing new and shiny. More like something battle worn and old looking with an old patina to it. Kind of like an old D guard Confederate Knife or Bowie style. Fighting / Camp knife.

Look at this one it's a knife I made almost 30 years ago. It's more of a long hunters knife polished elk antler handle with finger grooves , simple scrimshaw, brass pommel and cross guard. The knife is pretty large at about 12 1/2 inches with a 7 1/2 blade of carbon steel. Sheath included.
Make and offer and will see where it goes.

Attachments

• IMGP0592.JPG
    IMGP0592.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Look at this one it's a knife I made almost 30 years ago. It's more of a long hunters knife polished elk antler handle with finger grooves , simple scrimshaw, brass pommel and cross guard. The knife is pretty large at about 12 1/2 inches with a 7 1/2 blade of carbon steel. Sheath included.
Make and offer and will see where it goes.
I really like this one. I would not want to insult you with a low offer. But I will say that I’m looking for something around 150.00 or so. So let me ask you what you would take for this one? And would you do a payment thing, or hold it until I have enough saved to purchase it should we agree on a price?

The knife is one of a matched set, the
I really like this one. I would not want to insult you with a low offer. But I will say that I’m looking for something around 150.00 or so. So let me ask you what you would take for this one? And would you do a payment thing, or hold it until I have enough saved to purchase it should we agree on a price?
The knife is one of a matched set I made years ago. The second one is a smaller one but made in the same style with elk antler.
I wouldn't sell them separately because they've always been carried as a pair.
I've been offered considerably more than your offer numerous times. The last offer I had was a bit over 300.00 for the pair.

Attachments

• IMGP0905.JPG
    IMGP0905.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 45
I have a leg bone handled knife with a semi bowie blade available with a very nice sheath. Whole rig looks 100 years old. Not modern, not pretty. I'll ship it for $150. Can post pics after work if interested.

Back