• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antler and Pewter Bolster Belt Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tippit

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Belt knife with deer antler and pewter bolster OAL 10 inches and a light tea stain...tippit
Deer Antler Pewter Bolster Belt Knife1.jpg
Deer Antler Pewter Bolster Belt Knife2.jpg
Deer Antler Pewter Bolster Belt Knife3.jpg

Deer Antler stained before assembly & sanding.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed. The antler looked weather-bleached before you stained it. I like the way the stain took. Did you grind the blade or forge it? I'd like some more info on how you poured the bolster. I've got a Dag blade on the bench and a hunk of bone that will be a handle for it, got the metal for a poured bolster too, but I've never done one and I've been hesitating.

Very nice indeed. The antler looked weather-bleached before you stained it. I like the way the stain took. Did you grind the blade or forge it? I'd like some more info on how you poured the bolster. I've got a Dag blade on the bench and a hunk of bone that will be a handle for it, got the metal for a poured bolster too, but I've never done one and I've been hesitating.
Look up Poured Pewter for knives on You Tube. I believe there are some demonstrations. I only forge my blades, everything with hammers...Jeff

Thankee kindly, Jeff. I'll check that out. Do you forge blades for other folks, or just for your own use?
Of the knives I forge for sale are mostly modern hunting knives and higher end kitchen knives. Historic muzzle loading style knives, I've mostly been just playing around with them.

You do good work, Tippit. Good work indeed, and there are precious few who do ... and are also skilled with a hammer and anvil. I've known a couple others and learned enough to know that I lack the talent, the physical ability, and the time to learn to do it well. Thanks for showing us this knife, and please keep making historical blades.

Latest posts

Back