• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Antiquing percussion revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomtown, that's kool. It gets you out shooting, you could shoot a trailwalk with it, or go for a walk in the woods with it. Perfect. Nothing to be ashamed about there. I don't remember who, but someone used to make a leather holster like that. You might check around, try track of the wolf, or make your own. It is winter after all.
I bought an old bag(1970s) from an estate, changed a few things, and I'm almost ready to be able to grab the bag with the capper and paper cartridges, and holstered gun, and go. I have a little more tinkering with one of my revolvers yet.

Midway has a clearance on Hornady .375 balls right now, $6 a box......I stocked up on 20 boxes.....

120 bucks for 2,000 balls, I already have powder and caps.......that's the cheapest shooting I'll be able to do short of shooting .22, maybe not even

6 bucks for 100 balls, $12 for 100 caps, and $40 for a pound of powder or even less for Pyrodex P at about $25......

Where else can you pop off for a few hours for less than a family dinner at McD's?
thanks for the heads up , midway had some 44 in 451 for 7 some thing got 2 hundred coming

They're Italian repro Spaghetti Western fun blasters 😃😃😃

Acting like I'm committing Stolen Valor by antiquing my $200 brassers 🤠🤠🤠 ok you got me, me and my guns didn't see action at Gettysburg, I'm a fake, a phony , a fraud 😃

Some People get awfully serious about what people do with their guns. I can't take my 2021 produced Dance & Brother into the time machine and carry it on the campaign in the summer of '64, I'm sorry.

I'm just trying to enjoy a hobby without the Serious Sams coming out😆
I couldn't have said it better

I spent 7 years in the Army infantry and then the Army national Guard after that. Yes, the weapons get used and abused but aren't allowed to be unserviceable. The rifle and pistol finish does get worn but damaged parts are replaced. I never saw a weapon that had even had 20% of the finish gone before either the part(s) were replaced or refinsihed. Weapons like that would not pass an IG inspection. The weapons did not look 100 years old. I understand liking to shoot weapons that look like they are old originals. I have an 1858 that someone aged. I am leaving it that way. I just prefer mine if new I keep them that way or as they age with use I maintain them that way. If I find one that I think should be restored, that is what I do. I really enjoy bringing beat up rusty weapons back to life. I am not going to take one that is not and make it so. Goes against the grain for me. Again, I am not criticizing those that do. It is their choice and I do understand the appeal.
I agree 22 years in the Marine Corps and carried 1911s that were Korean war issue, M16a1 from Vietnam, M9 M4s and M16A2 new out of the box and the never looked 100 years old even after 4 years in the sand box

I agree 22 years in the Marine Corps and carried 1911s that were Korean war issue, M16a1 from Vietnam, M9 M4s and M16A2 new out of the box and the never looked 100 years old even after 4 years in the sand box
Where's everyone getting this "100 years old" stuff from 😆 it's like a thread about adding some character to Italian reproduction revolvers turned into , "no weapons in the military look 100 years old" ok heros , relax

I just saw the Benchmade knife I carried on my IBA (body armor for you old salty guys) for exactly 1 year on my deployment and it was missing almost half the finish from it's metal grip from getting banged around daily. No it doesn't look 100 years old .

What does look 100 years old is the then 100 year old Mauser bayonet I also carried on my IBA using a cheap sheath from another knife as a frog and 550'd to the MOLLE webs . I used it for breaking light bulbs primarily.

139558.jpeg

Daily carry puts wear on stuff, there is no rhyme or reason to anything, it's cool that you carried a 1911 made in 1917 during Desert Storm that looked arsenal fresh or none of the weapons you saw during your service looked 100 years old but that doesn't mean my eyes didn't see all the M9 Berettas with 0% finish and beat to heck M4's during layouts. We are not all the same.

I bet no one thought Army 11b's were using Solingen made Gew98 bayonets as multi purpose tools in 2008 Iraq either but people don't always carry or use what people think they use, and weapons are not carried the same by every single person in every single scenario . This bayonet was probably used by a German soldier, then a Turkish soldier, then way later by an American soldier. There is no logic to any of it, don't overthink everything.

If I have a German bayonet that probably saw action in 3 wars including with me than I can remove the blue from my Pietta Schneider & Glassicks and pretend that they rode with JEB Stuart, is it a deal? 🤠🤠

I promise none of my guns looks 100 years old though 🤡

Last edited:
I used white vinegar and after washing with water put the parts in the oven to dry. Rubbed the white metal parts with my beeswax and lard lube to fill the metals pours. Wiped it down went shooting.never use oil apart from the lock work. Just clean with hot water and reapply a small amount of bees lard lube.

Attachments

• DSC_0080.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I used white vinegar and after washing with water put the parts in the oven to dry. Rubbed the white metal parts with my beeswax and lard lube to fill the metals pours. Wiped it down went shooting.never use oil apart from the lock work. Just clean with hot water and reapply a small amount of bees lard lube.
I like that, it looks nice

Latest posts

Back