• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anti seize lube?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patch@Ball

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could use any anti seize lube from a automotive store or does the product have to be made for BP guns? Also applying the anti seize lube on the nipples of a BP gun do you apply it on the whole thread of the nipple?

Used this for years at work. You are not doing it right unless you get it all over your hands, clothes, face..........

Don
You know you have used the right amount of the stuff if you look like this when you are finished.

jack-haley-the-wizard-of-oz-1939-T2Y4H1.jpg

a jug of that size will last longer than you will ever live, I gaurentee! I get it in a tooth paste size tube. and apply it to the threads no matter what the object is with a Q-TIP! and yes it is very messy!

It really doesn't matter what brand of never seize you use. I've been using RIG (and it is not marketed as anti seize) for several years (decades). As long as it is for high heat and you only tighten the nipples to snug any good grease will work.

Anti-seize is anti-seize no mater what brand or what store you buy it from just make sure it IS an anti-seize compound ;) . Do not over apply the stuff or you will be getting it all over:ghostly:. I use the stick end of one of those 6" wooden stick cotton swabs and apply a SMALL DAB of anti-seize to a small section of the nipple thread and when you screw the nipple in the anti-seize will coat the rest of the thread. A little goes a LONG way:thumb::ThankYou:

Used this for years at work. You are not doing it right unless you get it all over your hands, clothes, face..........

Don
I just use high temp grease now.
had a problem w never seize. Was using it on nipples a the block of my paper cutter sharps. I used to much It got mix w the fouling seized up everything what a job. So now it’s nothing but high temp grease for me.

I just use high temp grease now.
had a problem w never seize. Was using it on nipples a the block of my paper cutter sharps. I used to much It got mix w the fouling seized up everything what a job. So now it’s nothing but high temp grease for me.
I was wondering if I could use any anti seize lube from a automotive store or does the product have to be made for BP guns? Also applying the anti seize lube on the nipples of a BP gun do you apply it on the whole thread of the nipple?
I would use a tooth pick and put a dab on about 2threads from face of the nipple to keep the face free of any contamination...and don’t over tighten....doesn’t take much...

Latest posts

Back