Anti seize lube?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Patch@Ball

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could use any anti seize lube from a automotive store or does the product have to be made for BP guns? Also applying the anti seize lube on the nipples of a BP gun do you apply it on the whole thread of the nipple?

Bearkiller

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Yep anti seize is anti seize no matter how it's packaged. I've had a stick of CVA brand forever. I just give the nipple threads a spin in the stuff and make sure the base is clean.

Nazgul58

40 Cal
Reaction score
Used this for years at work. You are not doing it right unless you get it all over your hands, clothes, face..........

Don

toot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
a jug of that size will last longer than you will ever live, I gaurentee! I get it in a tooth paste size tube. and apply it to the threads no matter what the object is with a Q-TIP! and yes it is very messy!

Grenadier1758

Cannon
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what brand of never seize you use. I've been using RIG (and it is not marketed as anti seize) for several years (decades). As long as it is for high heat and you only tighten the nipples to snug any good grease will work.

pwbsmokey

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Used this for years at work. You are not doing it right unless you get it all over your hands, clothes, face..........

Don
As soon as you open the container, it magically gets all over anything that is within 10 feet of the container

jrdavis

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
make your own ...use Petroleum Jelly, Graphite, and Molybdenum

gonpce

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Been using wheel bearing grease for years. Cheep and works great

Reactions: smo

ZUG

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Anti-seize is anti-seize no mater what brand or what store you buy it from just make sure it IS an anti-seize compound ;) . Do not over apply the stuff or you will be getting it all over:ghostly:. I use the stick end of one of those 6" wooden stick cotton swabs and apply a SMALL DAB of anti-seize to a small section of the nipple thread and when you screw the nipple in the anti-seize will coat the rest of the thread. A little goes a LONG way:thumb::ThankYou:

59sharps

40 Cal.
Reaction score

Don
I just use high temp grease now.
had a problem w never seize. Was using it on nipples a the block of my paper cutter sharps. I used to much It got mix w the fouling seized up everything what a job. So now it’s nothing but high temp grease for me.

L W Smith

32 Cal
Reaction score
I just use high temp grease now.
had a problem w never seize. Was using it on nipples a the block of my paper cutter sharps. I used to much It got mix w the fouling seized up everything what a job. So now it’s nothing but high temp grease for me.
I was wondering if I could use any anti seize lube from a automotive store or does the product have to be made for BP guns? Also applying the anti seize lube on the nipples of a BP gun do you apply it on the whole thread of the nipple?
I would use a tooth pick and put a dab on about 2threads from face of the nipple to keep the face free of any contamination...and don’t over tighten....doesn’t take much...

BadDaditood

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
NeverSeize is truly amazing stuff, it can migrate all the way to your toes... socks Do come off easier...

Latest posts