• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anti-Corrosion Properties of some ML Lubricants & Lubes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard complaints that Ox Yoke has changed the formula for Lehigh Valley since they purchased it. Anybody know the facts on this?
I wonder how Jim Chamber's Accraguard would have done in this test?

I have heard complaints that Ox Yoke has changed the formula for Lehigh Valley since they purchased it. Anybody know the facts on this?
I wonder how Jim Chamber's Accraguard would have done in this test?

You sure Ox-Yoke has "purchased" Lehigh Valley Lube? I still find Lestom Laboratories is the manufacturer, Thunder Ridge Enterprises is the distributor, and Ox-Yoke is just a retailer (as is Track of the Wolf).

Yes, Oxjoke bought it.
Yes, they changed the formula.
No, it is not as good as it was & it takes twice as much lube now as it used to.
You can smell a dif, see a dif, feel a dif, and it shoots dif. It still works good, but it just takes trice as much now.

Old bottle said Lestom Labs on the back, fluid was a dark yellow, guy on the front was looking to your right (or his left) new bottls has the guy looking straight at you, old bottle had black cap, new bottle has white cap. New bottle says Ozjoke on it.

When they bought it they used up what bottles that were left so some of the new is in the old bottles. If it is Dark yellow like you need to see a kidney Dr. it is the old stuff. Light yellow is the new stuff.

Rats, rats, rats. The world can't leave nuttin what's good just be. I don't lube with it, but it is (was) the berries for wipin in the bore to prevent rust after a cleanin without messin up the Natural Lube 'seasoning.'

Back