• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another tits up heart shot and other muzzleloader season pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics, story and hunt. I always like hearing about your hunts. If you go after any big cats let us know. I would love to take an elk and lion.

Fabulous report GM boy. I did not get much chance to hunt after the bear pursuit. Went up one day and took my eight year old grandson. He put in a good day and was hoping for a coyote. None appeared, but he built a fire with flint and steel (first time ever for him). Took 40 minutes but he would not quit.

Not really an ml hunt cause I carried a bow and he carried modern. Here's a pic of him. The broken arm made shooting tough for him but he did not let that bother him. As you can see, he likes to pack plenty of firepower. :haha:

IMG_2842.jpg

Nice going G Mt. Boy.

Always nice to see your photos and stories of the hunt.

Greg

Good shot! :thumbsup:
Great story, but you didn't say nothin' about the pirates... :confused: :wink:
Love those pics as always.

roundball said:
Greenmtnboy said:
roundball said:
Beautiful scenery out there, good photos!
Hey Roundball,
What barrels did you end up puttting on your TVM's

.45cal - Rice 42" B-weight swamped round bottom
.54cal - Rice 42" B-weight swamped smoothbore
.58cal - Rice 38" D-weight swamped round bottom
.62cal - Rice 38" D-weight swamped smoothbore
The .40cal I bought from a guy who made a range trip and decided he didn't like it has a 38" GM square bottom.

I switched to Rice barrels on my last rifle and my new coming up because Greenmtnbarrels have gone down hill as of late with quality control.
Because Rice barrels have .002 to .003 shallower grooves then GMB's I ended up using a .020 canvas patch by Texas patching and as I heat up my charge it seems to really bring my groups together.

DSCF5717.jpg

Dixie Flinter said:
Greenmtnboy, you really are living the dream! What caliber pistol are you carrying? Do you normally care the blackpowder pistol as your back-up when hunting?

I carry a sidearm 24/7 it's a TVM with a 8 inch 45 cal Green mtn barrel.
Very accurate!

marmotslayer said:
Fabulous report GM boy. I did not get much chance to hunt after the bear pursuit. Went up one day and took my eight year old grandson. He put in a good day and was hoping for a coyote. None appeared, but he built a fire with flint and steel (first time ever for him). Took 40 minutes but he would not quit.

Not really an ml hunt cause I carried a bow and he carried modern. Here's a pic of him. The broken arm made shooting tough for him but he did not let that bother him. As you can see, he likes to pack plenty of firepower. :haha:

IMG_2842.jpg
Nice buddy!!
Hopefully Rita will enough length of pull next summer to start shooting the 45 cal Blue Ridge Carbine I built up for her.

doulos said:
Greenmtboy
Does Goex Express give higher velocity than regular Goex?
Yes, if you try it, it works well with higher charges.
It is more accurate but I weigh my charges.

What kind of a hatchet is in the picture?

Enquiring minds wants’ to know.

Need to get me a decent hatchet to carry.

Back