• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Texican

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just got back into BP after a long hiatus. I was a hard core reenactor for 4-5 years and have hunted some with muzzle loaders. I have an italian Parker -Hale 1853, a defarbed 1842 Springfield smoothbore, TC New Englander with both rifle and shotgun barrels, a ROA in stainless, an iron frame Mowrey .45 that has killed some deer, CVA Mountain rifle also a .45 that my 16 year old wants, and a H&R Huntsman in 12 ga.

I think shooting BP guns is relaxing and maybe even therapeutic. I spent part of 2 afternoons this week tossing .690" RBs out of the New Englander shotgun barrel and smoking up the ROA. I shoot pretty often but that was the most fun I have had in a long while.

This seems to be a fine forum with a lot of knowledgeable folks on it!

I have just got back into BP after a long hiatus. I was a hard core reenactor for 4-5 years and have hunted some with muzzle loaders. I have an italian Parker -Hale 1853, a defarbed 1842 Springfield smoothbore, TC New Englander with both rifle and shotgun barrels, a ROA in stainless, an iron frame Mowrey .45 that has killed some deer, CVA Mountain rifle also a .45 that my 16 year old wants, and a H&R Huntsman in 12 ga.

I think shooting BP guns is relaxing and maybe even therapeutic. I spent part of 2 afternoons this week tossing .690" RBs out of the New Englander shotgun barrel and smoking up the ROA. I shoot pretty often but that was the most fun I have had in a long while.

This seems to be a fine forum with a lot of knowledgeable folks on it!

Howdy Tex, from one Texican to another.
I knew Bill Mowrey, and have spent many hours in his shop. You don't see many of his iron framed rifles.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Georgetown Texas, there's a lot of us from Texas here. I used to be a member of 8th Texas Cavalry many years ago. Do you still do any living history type activities?

Welcome back to the hobby. My TexiKan handle is because I am a direct descendant of a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence but I live in Kansas, thus the Kan part. Hope you enjoy your shooting.

Welcome. I tell folks I’m originally from South America ....... South Arkansas. Lived in the Pine Woods of NE Texas 30+ years then too near Austin. Now Western Hill Country.

There’s a nice group of MLers that shoot near Canyon Lake. PM me for contact info.
TC

Back