• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Another - Tacked and Beaded Crow rawhide knife sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have another rawhide knife sheath for your consideration, KNIFE NOT INCLUDED. The beadwork is on tanned deer hide and hand stitched with simulated sinew to the rawhide. The sheath is saddle stitched and tacked together. The sheath has been stained and coated with two coats of shellac and one coat of non-historically correct polyurethane. Overall length of sheath is 12”. For reference, the knife which is not included, is a Russell Green River 7” butcher.

Price $80 US Postal Money Order, price includes shipping.

Attachments

• Crow Sheath #2-1.jpg
    Crow Sheath #2-1.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 4
  • Crow Sheath #2-2.jpg
    Crow Sheath #2-2.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 0
  • Crow Sheath #2-3.jpg
    Crow Sheath #2-3.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thank you for asking, I have now included a photo in the opening post. It slides in behind your belt. The extension sits on top of the belt preventing it from sliding through. Real convenient to remove when you go to sit down.

Attachments

• Crow Sheath #2-3.jpg
    Crow Sheath #2-3.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 0
Uhm, Tom? Your work is amazing.
But I don't see a "whip stitch",, I see a saddle stitch with a modified decorative baseball stitch added.
I have used the same technique myself in the past,
Yours is a nice presentation of detailed stitching.
Don't sell yourself short calling that work a whip stitch,, 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back