• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another smoothbore whitetail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first year hunting with a flintlock, I stuck with my Pedersoli 20ga SxS for the entire firearm season and in the final 30 minutes of the last day I decided to fill my tag with a young doe.. I think Iā€™m hooked! šŸ˜
.600 RB on top of a 60 gr charge of 3F Swiss..

Attachments

• 8F3EB074-9D64-4104-AD1C-CA7BB0AD5205.jpeg
    8F3EB074-9D64-4104-AD1C-CA7BB0AD5205.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
When i did hunt, it seemed like my deer were always taken right before the end of the day, in waning light!:dunno:

Congrats! We don't see many postings of big game taken with SxS shotguns, much less Flint doubles! Cool!!!

I wish the Pedersoli doubles had a little more drop in the stock. I had a percussion for a while but it just did not come up right on target for me. I was always looking way over the top. Probably my bad shooting form.

Congrats! We don't see many postings of big game taken with SxS shotguns, much less Flint doubles! Cool!!!

I wish the Pedersoli doubles had a little more drop in the stock. I had a percussion for a while but it just did not come up right on target for me. I was always looking way over the top. Probably my bad shooting form.
I'm with you there. I struggle with not enough drop to stock and later Pedersoli doubles. In fact I was surprised how good my 10g comes up hence why I bought it.

Congrats to the op, super cool hunting and success šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘šŸ»

My first year hunting with a flintlock, I stuck with my Pedersoli 20ga SxS for the entire firearm season and in the final 30 minutes of the last day I decided to fill my tag with a young doe.. I think Iā€™m hooked! šŸ˜
.600 RB on top of a 60 gr charge of 3F Swiss..

Nice hunt just seems so strange to shoot a doe. Out here we only can shoot bucks, fork horn or better and some places have to be 3 points or better. Shooting a doe is like shooting a cow to me.

ā€œNice hunt just seems so strange to shoot a doe. Out here we only can shoot bucks, fork horn or better and some places have to be 3 points or better. Shooting a doe is like shooting a cow to me.ā€

Juice Jaws: Before we had legal doe shooting in Michigan, I might have said the same thing. But when does are subjected to hunting pressure they soon become wary and damned difficult to hunt. A year and a half doe would never make the same goofy mistakes as a forkhorn buck, and many consider older does to be the most difficult whitetails to hunt. Cows, they ainā€™t.

Back