• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another saw blade knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are great knives! Good job on 'em. Does the plasma cutter take away any of the temper or doesn't it heat across the metal far enough? I'm familiar with them, but haven't tried it yet. I may now. Cross cut saw blades are a bugger to chisel out :surrender:

I got one of Pitchy's saw blade knives today and the pics don't do them justice. That burl oak is awsum. :thumbsup: Thanks again Lenn.

"""Made this one this morning """ gees that's Nice! and a whole morning..?? impressive! and fast! cool! nice job! :thumbsup:

rebel727 said:
I got one of Pitchy's saw blade knives today and the pics don't do them justice. That burl oak is awsum. :thumbsup: Thanks again Lenn.

Your welcome buddy, glad you like it. :)

Flint311 said:
Those are great knives! Good job on 'em. Does the plasma cutter take away any of the temper or doesn't it heat across the metal far enough? I'm familiar with them, but haven't tried it yet. I may now. Cross cut saw blades are a bugger to chisel out :surrender:

There isn`t much heat that goes into the blade, i can pick it right up after the cut. I cut them about 1/32nd big and ground them smooth from there and see no problems thus far.
I suppose your only going to get a fair blade made from a saw blade anyway, but if your not looking for a perfect knife they work good. :)

RC said:
"""Made this one this morning """ gees that's Nice! and a whole morning..?? impressive! and fast! cool! nice job! :thumbsup:

Thanks RC, once ya get these type knives cut out you can make them pretty fast after you`ve made a couple. :)

PitchyPine said:
RC said:

Thanks RC, once ya get these type knives cut out you can make them pretty fast after you`ve made a couple. :)
:rotf: :rotf: you ferget who you talkin too! i have trouble gettin a couple outa the drawer fer suppertime! :rotf:

Who uses knives to eat with ... I just chaw it in half! :shocked2: :grin:

Davy

Davy said:
Who uses knives to eat with ... I just chaw it in half! :shocked2: :grin:

Davy
:hmm: did i mention my cookin abilities ..??or lack therefore of..???? :barf: :barf: you can anchor tents with my steaks! :shocked2:

Wow! Thoughts start drifting through my mind like, "Do I have anything that I could trade Pitchy for a knife like that?" but my child isn't due to be born until tomorrow, so I'll have to come up with something else... :grin:

Seriously, that is one beautiful knife. :thumbsup:

colmoultrie said:
Wow! Thoughts start drifting through my mind like, "Do I have anything that I could trade Pitchy for a knife like that?" but my child isn't due to be born until tomorrow, so I'll have to come up with something else... :grin:

Seriously, that is one beautiful knife. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words bro i`ll keep ya in mind if i make some more. :hatsoff:

Here ya go bro, in honor of that new baby that`s coming.
God Bless. :)

burlknife3.jpg

burlknifehandle3.jpg

Wow! I'm overwhelmed, both by your generosity and by the speed and craftsmanship you have at your command! That is one nice knife, and I'm staggered by the gesture!

Not to hijack this thread, but it's a boy! Coulson was born @ 6:29 this morning. 8lbs., 10 oz. I'll post photos as soon as I can upload them to Photobucket.

All I can say, Pitchy, is thanks! You are incredibly generous, as well as talented.

gees, [strike]PP[/strike] umm.. Pitchy, that is an awesome lookin knife, but danged if I's havin a kid fer one! :shocked2: :rotf: :thumbsup: It R nice!!

colmoultrie said:
Wow! I'm overwhelmed, both by your generosity and by the speed and craftsmanship you have at your command! That is one nice knife, and I'm staggered by the gesture!

Not to hijack this thread, but it's a boy! Coulson was born @ 6:29 this morning. 8lbs., 10 oz. I'll post photos as soon as I can upload them to Photobucket.

All I can say, Pitchy, is thanks! You are incredibly generous, as well as talented.

Congrats on the boy. Pitchy is talented and generous as you say. He's giving stuff away he could be selling. :youcrazy: You're gonna love that knife, the wood is gorgeous. :thumbsup:

PitchyPine said:
Hang in there RC, i ain`t forgot ya. :nono:

Thanks rebel727 for the kind words, people in the world worry too much about money and I don`t like what it does to people, I figure we live like kings compared to some so as long as I can give i`ll give. :thumbsup:
RC, i`m heading to the garage shortly to see if i can make yours, i`m out of saw blades so i have to go round up one somewhere. :)

Back