• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another Rum Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remember that they were used as POISON HORNS_ filled with poison so that the INDIAN that killed me- I also killed him. because every time an INDIAN killed a person that carried one of them immediately went for the horn like a fly to sh%%, and the rest is history. just a little piece of unknown history.

Toot, I have a photo of an original rum horn that has red painted end caps. I wonder if the red is a warning that it contained poison? The originals in my photos also have one spout plug in the inner curve of the horn.

I think that you are right, you have to know what one was witch, the red would be an attractant to INDIANS.

Back