• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another Pedersoli SxS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the Brown Truck finally brought it yesterday. A Pedersoli 20ga SxS purchased off of Gunbroker. The "BM" proofmark tells me it was made in 2004. The seller said it appeared unfired and I can't say he was wrong. It joins my 10ga and 12ga Pedersoli's to complete the collection. It sure comes up and swings a mite more smartly than the other two. Can't wait for Dove season this September. Not quite sure how it is choked, the right barrel measures .634 at the muzzle and the left measures .621. Both are a fair bit generous for a 20 ga? Thinking I might want to get the 19 ga wads from Track? I got no paperwork with the gun so I emailed Pedersoli asking for info on the gun, info on the choking, recommended loads, OK to use PRB, etc. Have not heard back yet. Anyone else have one of these? How do you like it and what do you shoot out of it? Thanks in advance, THBailey

I have a Ped 20 that I shoot quite a lot. It is bored Cylinder and Modified. I have gone to 19 gauge circle fly overshot cards in mine. When I was using the 20 gauge wads from Pedersoli I needed to use two in the second barrel or the load had a tendency to move a bit. Enjoy!

Britsmoothy said:
My Pedersoli 20g trade gun is a .63"!

You should be able to download a PDF manual file from Pedersoli.
Can you weigh the gun for us?

B :hatsoff:

According to the bathroom scale weigh yourself with and without the gun in hand method, my gun weighs 7.2 pounds. Pedersoli says the current version weighs in at 7.46 pounds.

My Pedersoli 20 gauge SxS weighs in at 7.05 pounds. The 12 weighs 7.5 lbs. It looks to me as if the catalog has them reversed, and has for over a decade.

Britsmoothy said:
Thanks.
Personally that is to heavy for a walking gun. Ok for shooting from a blind but not a days walking.

B.

I fully agree with you, although I've done it(which is a big part of that agreement). I have a 12 that comes in under 6 pounds that I hunt with, and sometimes a couple of originals, a William Moore and a Henry Egg.

The 20 is a handy gun for skeet and sporting clays, and it cleans up quickly.

Finally heard back from Pedersoli concerning the new 20ga. Probably only of interest to me,but if you are curious:

Dear Mr. Bailey,

Thank you for the continuous preference in our guns.

Your 20 ga. side by side shotgun was produced at the end of 2004 and was shipped to Cabela's during the beginning of 2005.

It should be be like our S.285, you can see at the following link and read the features: https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/s...-by-side-shotgun-classic-standard-cal-20.html

It is chrome lined.

Further the shot, you can also shoot round ball:

60 grs. of FFg. 614” round ball, .010” patch
70 grs. of FFg with 1 oz of shot #7

The numbers you may find inside the stock and also on some fo the metal parts, are made in the first metal to fitting works, then the parts are disassembled to continue their proper finish and when they go back to the assembly dept, the parts are matched

At the support section of our web site, you can download the general manual, including also your shotguns. https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/supporto.asp?l=en

Best regards,
Customer service

DAVIDE PEDERSOLI & C.
Via Artigiani, 57
I-25063 GARDONE VALTROMPIA
(Brescia) Italy
ph. +39 030 8915000
fax +39 030 8911019 http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/guns-for-sale-pedersoli.asp?l=en

Last edited by a moderator:
Back