• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another newbie!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady-Hawk

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. I got started in BP last winter. We had a very cold one and I was not able to pull my longbow for late season. Just could not stand to stay in the house so I got a used .50 cal CVA Bobcat. Took a doe with her last year and was hooked.
1-3-20101stBPdoe-1.jpg
1-3-20101stBPdpe4-2.jpg

I have been working on the Bobcat to make her a little better looking. Hope to put a new stock on her at season end. Then move onto a .45 cal CVA pistol kit I was given as a present.
103_5896.jpg
103_5893.jpg

I hope you will all bare with me cause I will be asking a lot of questions. I do not know anyone personally that shoots traditional black powder.
Looking forward to learning from you all.
Lady-Hawk

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: First congrats on your first BP kill.You've come to the right place to learn all you want to know about BP.These guys will watch theie p's and Q's while trying to answer your questions.This is the best fourm for all BP info.Thanks for the pics and good luck with you progress with BP. :) Griz

Lady-Hawk,
Welcome to the MLF,always nice to have a lady join us. You have questions,the answers are
here.Hope you will visit and contribute often.
Remember the 'SEARCH' feature of the site. Lots of
information in the archives.

I am snake-eyes

Welcome to the forum!
Very nice doe, BTW!
Feel free to join in the discussions and ask as many questions as you like. :thumbsup:

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here so feel free to ask away. So have a seat and fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Welcome to the MLF Lady Hawk! Congrats on your hunt and I'm sure there will be many more. There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp so pull up a stump nd contribute when your can. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hi Katie; welcome from Wisconsin. Looks like you know your way around the woods. Good hunting!

Welcome!
There's a lot of knowledge on this site, and lots of fella's willing to help.

Thanks everyone. I love black powder. I took my 1st black powder buck yesterday. 30 yards from the ground. I was leaning up against a downed tree. I think my little rifle earned herself a new wood stock:)
103_5912-1.jpg

Nice buck,I can tell from your smile that your already addicted.It will only get worse as you make that rifle yours(new stock,sights,decorations,fav load,shootin bag,horn)as the folks of old did, do it YOUR way. Bent

Way to go Ladyhawk. thats a nice buck. Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of guys here and they are willing to help. Great site. Come back often.

Back