• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another Newbie from Pacific Northwest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: arthritis; a short starter and palm pounder might help.
You can make them out of a golf ball, some dowel and a couple of 9mm or .38 spl cases.
Palm pounder is just a half a ladle of lead wrapped with leather.
View attachment 77572
These short starters are hardwood balls, .38 spl cases and broken arrow shafts.
The hardest part is getting the Dimple in the case head.
It’s all fun
now I like that, it is just the cats meow!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - 'lateral moraine', NOW you're talkin'! My masters in remote sensing included a very detailed study of the Glacial Lake Missoula floods and post-event geomorphology. Thankfully, we spend at least a month most years in Oregon, where the Northern boundary - the Columbia River Gorge - is THE place to see the effects of five hundred cubic MILES of water heading to the sea. I often visualise Portland under 400 feet of water, as do many folks today, TBH ;) - here's the 'Big Pink' building with all but the top forty feet underwater....

View attachment 77422

This is a friend at Crown point - imagine a wall of water level with the upper bank heights coming at you here...................................shibber................

View attachment 77423
I wonder why no one has stolen a YARD NOME, and set him on the glacis at CROWN POINT??

Welcome from East Anglia, UK.

Whether you live in Oregon or Washington, welcome from an occasional Oregonian. You are very fortunate to live somewhere a whole lot nearer than I do to the best darn muzzleloading supplier and general information store in the entire West. I refer, of course, to 'The Gun Works', down just off I-5 in Springfield OR.

As for powder, do your best to ditch the fake stuff as soon as you can - it's handy, sure, but it just isn't the real thing.

BTW, when you go to Springfield, tell Suzi hello for us.
Plus in the wet conditions of fall into spring real black powder is easier to ignite than pyrodex.

Back