• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another new guy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. I'm John. I'm from Missouri. I've been involved with muzzle loaders for the last 50 years off and on. Well, now it is on again. Shooting anther deer last week with my TC Penn Hunter has me wanting to burn more black powder again. I've also been involved in bullet casting for almost as long and found this site through the Cast Boolit forum. No idea why I didn't stumble on it long ago.

That's Jane in the avatar. She died 9 years back and got replaced with another Airedale, this time a male named Gabe. He's my fifth. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Pilot.........GSPointer rescue dog #5 passed 3 yrs ago for us. Shortly before that event, I was diagnosed w/ PTSD. The current dog is 3 yrs. old now. She's a typical GSPointer. Due to my health interests , we got a puppy since another rescue GSP might take several years to find the right match. We went to pick her up at a breeder , the lady called the puppy out of her box by simply saying "come on "PUP" , lets go. The little 10 inch dog came right out. Sooo , I figured "PUP" was as good a name as any , since she was called that since birth. PUP is what she goes by , and ok w/ me........oldwood

Hello. I'm John. I'm from Missouri. I've been involved with muzzle loaders for the last 50 years off and on.
Welcome from the north of the show me state. Seems as though a lot of us old timers of muzzle loading stumble on this forum. Maybe that is what to do when the old bones won't allow us to run with the dogs anymore.

Back