• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Michigan newcomer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhinoDave

40 Cal.
Reaction score
New to the forum that is. I hope to gain lots of knowledge and information here so I can build a decent long rifle. Been lurking for about a month now ever since I picked up a C&B revolver and caught the bug to get back into black powder again. I was into muzzleloaders thirty years ago and during that time owned and built several kit guns and dabbled at inlaying with silver and brass. The arrival of kids and economic pressures brought to an end my hobby as I sold off everything and never managed to get the time or resources to start over again. All I have from that era is a few pictures. I sure miss some of those smoke poles.
One of the few pictures I have left.
2867289950104169197S600x600Q85.jpg

Dave,
Welcome to the MLF and back to B/P.
Hope you will visit and contribute often.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Welcome to the MLF Dave! Glad that the bug bit ya again and your back into black powder. Lots of great folks here at the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Good to hear you are back into shooting muzzleloaders.Looking forward to more from you.

Welcome to the forum. Always good to see another builder. You may have some secret trick we could all use. On the other hand there are a lot of builders here that are willing to share their secrets. If you are around the Genesee/Lapeer county area We may see each other on a firing line.
Keep yur powder dry. Len

:hatsoff: Welcome Dave. Good to hear that you found your way back to the B/P way of life. You can do a lot of learning here if your not :snore:. We're also willing to learn from your experiences. Again, welcome. Vern

Welcome aboard Dave, this is a great forum with a wealth of information and experiance available from the other forum members. I'm sure you will have a lot to contribute also.

Glad to see another member from the great state of Michigan.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. When I get a chance, I'll scan in some of my old pictures and post them in the photo section. Not exactly traditional work but I enjoyed doing it at the time.

Back