• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another kit gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11th corps

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This one is another that was purchased by my Dad probably in the 1970's. They sold them at places like K mart.
I had not shot it in several years, it needed a new nipple.
Took it to the range today.
10 grains of 777. .440 RB. I loaded both with patch and bare ball. I suspect it needs a slightly smaller ball then the .440. With a tiny patch it was a bear to get down the barrel.
012.jpg

Accuracy at 7 yards. 3 shots. The first one I have no idea where it landed.
013.jpg

I have several of these type guns from my Dad's collection. Some of them don't pop caps reliably, but this one did.
It has a threaded barrel, making cleaning a breeze.
I guess if you were on a riverboat in the 19th century and somebody accused you of cheating at cards and drew a knife this would get the job done at across the table distance. Since it has no sights, and you can't see down the barrel because of the hammer position you had better get it right on the first shot.
Still a fun gun to shoot on occasion.

Back