• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Another good video from....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a sign of respect for the animal that's just given its life up so that another may live. An ancient hunters tradition that spans virtually all aboriginal cultures world wide.

Something a lot of traditional European hunters do, that American hunters might consider emulating.

I always say a prayer of thanks to any animal I kill for food. Its just how I was taught when I was a kid.

It's a sign of respect for the animal that's just given its life up so that another may live. An ancient hunters tradition that spans virtually all aboriginal cultures world wide.

Something a lot of traditional European hunters do, that American hunters might consider emulating.

I always say a prayer of thanks to any animal I kill for food. Its just how I was taught when I was a kid.
“The last bite.”

Why is he decorating it with twigs?

He is giving it a last mouthful or meal for the 'afterlife'. It is a sign of respect for the animal whose life you have just taken, hopefully, to prolong your own. Here in Europe we DO have a different take on killing animals, as you can see. He is very visibly moved by the event, if you watch carefully.

Good video Brit, I always place a twig or leaf in the deer's mouth a long with a bit of water and say a small thank you for the life I was just allowed to take. It is my way of thanking the animal for providing for me and my family . I never feel anger towards the animal but sorrow. Before it crossed my path it was alive and enjoying life in a split second I ended it. We as hunters should respect the harvest it is a good thing.

Back