Quantcast

Another good video from....

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Posted already on another thread, but always worth a watch.

R.J.Bruce

36 Cl.
Reaction score
It's a sign of respect for the animal that's just given its life up so that another may live. An ancient hunters tradition that spans virtually all aboriginal cultures world wide.

Something a lot of traditional European hunters do, that American hunters might consider emulating.

I always say a prayer of thanks to any animal I kill for food. Its just how I was taught when I was a kid.

HavanaMax

32 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
It's a sign of respect for the animal that's just given its life up so that another may live. An ancient hunters tradition that spans virtually all aboriginal cultures world wide.

Something a lot of traditional European hunters do, that American hunters might consider emulating.

I always say a prayer of thanks to any animal I kill for food. Its just how I was taught when I was a kid.
“The last bite.”

TFoley

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Why is he decorating it with twigs?
He is giving it a last mouthful or meal for the 'afterlife'. It is a sign of respect for the animal whose life you have just taken, hopefully, to prolong your own. Here in Europe we DO have a different take on killing animals, as you can see. He is very visibly moved by the event, if you watch carefully.

Reaction score
Good video Brit, I always place a twig or leaf in the deer's mouth a long with a bit of water and say a small thank you for the life I was just allowed to take. It is my way of thanking the animal for providing for me and my family . I never feel anger towards the animal but sorrow. Before it crossed my path it was alive and enjoying life in a split second I ended it. We as hunters should respect the harvest it is a good thing.

Latest posts