• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

another effort. . . . .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:dunno:. Still trying to get one I can love. I keep seeing flaws in design and craftsmanship as well as subtle improvement when I am finished.
Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

• patch box 5 .jpg
    patch box 5 .jpg
    127 KB · Views: 91
I think it would look fine, after losing the cross-head screws, inletting it 1/2 way into the stock, then filing the surface to a convex contour to match the stock contour

the brass screws are just holding the frame to the wood piece so I could belt grind the surface to remove foundry coloring. I know it would work but I'd see the flaws every time I looked at it :ThankYou:

the brass screws are just holding the frame to the wood piece so I could belt grind the surface to remove foundry coloring. I know it would work but I'd see the flaws every time I looked at it :ThankYou:
That’s the curse of being a craftsman, we notice all the flaws in our own work that most would overlook. But hey, flaws mean we’re human and not machines.

What if you matched the sides ? If that’s the hinge side. it looks straight to me. The opposite side is curved and rounded over the screw mounting holes…. If that makes any sense. :dunno:

Finally got it together. "BUT". Having trouble with the hinge & frame rusting. Now I'm considering German Silver rather than iron. Comments? Sources (6" X 3"+)

Attachments

• final lidw+door.jpg
    final lidw+door.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 16
Back