• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another CVA SxS Shotgun ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot

40 Cal.
Reaction score
The book says I can shoot .690 Round Ball out of it.Anyone ever do it,how did it do?

oneshot

I use .690's in my Navy Arms Double barrel and it shoots them real well. I get one large hole, 4 shot (2 from each barrel) groups at 25 yds. Mine has both barrels cylinder bore. I don't use a patch with mine, just the powder, an over powder wad, then start a half a lubed fiber cushion wad just below the muzzle and place the ball on it sprue up, then an overshot card, and ram the 2 wads and ball down on top of the over powder wad. In order to load the ball and other 2 wads easier, i punch a hole through the over powder wads before i use them. This gives the trapped air a way to get out and makes it easier to get the fiber wad, ball, and overshot wad seated without it coming back up off the powder.

Rebel's gun sounds like the same one I have. I patch my Rb
same as I do a rifle, shoots great, both barrels to the same place.

My Gun is European Modified Choke,the book says just to use Patch and Ball like I do with my Rifle.

I just thinking it would be neat to try.Or should I just stick with my Rifle.

oneshot 1

If a patch must be used, I would suggest using a .678 round ball and a .012 - .015 patch...

Back