• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another bird hunt and something new

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny how the subject of hunting dogs generates so many comments. I highly value the time afield with my dogs, the hunting is secondary. Even my non sporting breeds have become my hunting partners.
Leo.jpg
TOTO.jpg

Many small breeds are in fact from lines originally bred for small game and vermin...rabbits, rats, holed up foxes and such. Yorkies and Scotties started out as rat exterminators in the mines. Then they moved on to rabbits, foxes, badgers. Anything that was holed up was in trouble.

Last edited:
I was brought up with Flock dogs & Cattle dogs that all doubled as gun dogs on farm shoots. English grey partridge with the VERY occasional Pesant :doh: and a duck or two off the river. All the dogs where employed round the corn ricks to mop up the rats that came out of the bottom when there was thrashing. We tried to beat the dog to them with our throwing sticks.. Worcetershire in the late 1940's and early 50's .To Day -No rats in ricks No fox's or rabbits in the last triangle and very few Greys anywher..OLD DOG..

I was brought up with Flock dogs & Cattle dogs that all doubled as gun dogs on farm shoots. English grey partridge with the VERY occasional Pesant :doh: and a duck or two off the river. All the dogs where employed round the corn ricks to mop up the rats that came out of the bottom when there was thrashing. We tried to beat the dog to them with our throwing sticks.. Worcetershire in the late 1940's and early 50's .To Day -No rats in ricks No fox's or rabbits in the last triangle and very few Greys anywher..OLD DOG..
Well you still have “Pesants” to shoot, that’s not legal stateside

Back