• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

And So it Begins!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just off the phone with Lorrie at Kiblers and Woods runner kits will start shipping end of this week early next week. Called to use my coupon but asked just to make sure my Woodsrunner kit would not be shipping soon, that I wanted to order a SMR with the 75.00 off. Lorrie asked me to wait while see checked to see where I was on the list and then said the kits would be shipping end of the week early next week and I was number 20 on the list. Early Christmas present Woo Hoo!

Just off the phone with Lorrie at Kiblers and Woods runner kits will start shipping end of this week early next week. Called to use my coupon but asked just to make sure my Woodsrunner kit would not be shipping soon, that I wanted to order a SMR with the 75.00 off. Lorrie asked me to wait while see checked to see where I was on the list and then said the kits would be shipping end of the week early next week and I was number 20 on the list. Early Christmas present Woo Hoo!
Man after doing a TOTW kit gun I feel one of Kiblers kits is really just a disassembled unfinished stock and barrel . All the hard stuff is already precisionon-ally done. I watched his assembly video and can see it is really the way to go for a first time kit gun. Now he's using GM barrels I just may have to try one myself. Top notch quality parts from end to end ! Looks like one of the great buys out there to me !

One of the bigger things I had to do with the TOTW kit which is really an assortment of parts that are sort of supposed to be together , was set the barrel and tang back a good .250 to get the vent ahead of the breech plug face and centered in the pan of the lock. The barrel channel and lock mortice was a pretty close fit with minimal chisel and scraper work though and I did not have to bore the ram rod hole but other than that all the furniture parts were rough cast and the stock profile and finish of wood and steel was pretty well left up to the builder.. No dove tail slots, breech plug fit or vent hole. The breech plug was threaded but not fit to index.
I did want to try my hand at loading rod hole boring but this one was already cut.

Wonder how many Woodsrunner kits are on order? I'm really tempted to order one, have to finish my SMR first, but with the posts indicating wait times I should to take advantage of the $75 off letter I have. Be way after the first of the year before I'd get to it. Maybe that long before I'd receive. Price could go up by then also. Decisions, Decisions, Languishing in the Valley of Decision! :dunno::)

When did you get yourself on the wait list? I got on in May. Just curious where I might be but I'm definitely not calling to see. They must be up to their eyeballs in orders especially with a new product just starting to go out.

Latest posts

Back