• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

And so it begins!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mo spring turkey opened this morning! I had to get the boys on the bus, so got a late start, but I’ve heard one gobble to the west!!! Hope y’all have some luck!

im out with my Al Comer 20 ga fowler, over some dsd decoys.

Attachments

• 70B2B23D-6634-4F7E-A540-7611D22F06D2.jpeg
    70B2B23D-6634-4F7E-A540-7611D22F06D2.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 95
Hell of a morning!
3 super jakes on the decoys. One gobbling east, one gobbling NW. East bird gets behind me, drumming and gobbling. NW bird eventually commits to decoys but super jakes ran him off!! Should be good video of that!
Little bit later, 3 toms come in to my right, jakes meet them behind overhanging cedar limbs, and run the 3 toms off!!! Gun is still loaded!

Great video Brad. Thanks for sharing it here! I watched a similar melee on Wednsday. Poor gobbler had 5 Jake's after him. At one point he was stuck in the eye of a jake vortex for several seconds. Dastardly creatures, those jakes.....

Good luck, Skychief.

I’ve got my #2 twin son in the blind this morning, for his first ever turkey hunt! #1 didn’t want to come so here we are! We had 2 toms and 2 hens fly down off the roost about 250-300 yds NE of us but the hens took them away. Just had a snack, so we will keep trying!!!

Latest posts

Back