And so it begins!!!

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Britsmoothy

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. Hope one of them sharp eyed birds gets fooled.
Good smoke sir.

B.

FiremanBrad

40 Cal.
Reaction score
No luck today, only one I heard gobble was on the neighbors. Will be back after them on Thursday, hopefully!!!

FiremanBrad

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hell of a morning!
3 super jakes on the decoys. One gobbling east, one gobbling NW. East bird gets behind me, drumming and gobbling. NW bird eventually commits to decoys but super jakes ran him off!! Should be good video of that!
Little bit later, 3 toms come in to my right, jakes meet them behind overhanging cedar limbs, and run the 3 toms off!!! Gun is still loaded!

springfield art

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Mo spring turkey opened this morning! I had to get the boys on the bus, so got a late start, but I’ve heard one gobble to the west!!! Hope y’all have some luck!

im out with my Al Comer 20 ga fowler, over some dsd decoys.
Beautiful photo! Thanks!

FiremanBrad

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Had 2 gobblers come in to about 30 yds, drumming in the brush. They didn’t like something and left! Almost quitting time!!!

Skychief

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Great video Brad. Thanks for sharing it here! I watched a similar melee on Wednsday. Poor gobbler had 5 Jake's after him. At one point he was stuck in the eye of a jake vortex for several seconds. Dastardly creatures, those jakes.....

Good luck, Skychief.

FiremanBrad

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I’ve got my #2 twin son in the blind this morning, for his first ever turkey hunt! #1 didn’t want to come so here we are! We had 2 toms and 2 hens fly down off the roost about 250-300 yds NE of us but the hens took them away. Just had a snack, so we will keep trying!!!