• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD An interesting 20Ga. Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have for sale an interesting little trade gun. It is 20Ga. (.625) weighs 6lb 5oz is 45in long overall and has a 29in barrel and a 13&3/4 length of pull. The gun is in good shootable condition. The lock throws a good shower of sparks. The barrel is perfectly shootable as is but there is some minor corrosion but nothing some 320grit wet/dry paper around a dowel and some oil couldn't cure. Externaly some nice patina from years of honest use.
There is a story behind this gun. The barrel is a Sharon barrel that was originally meant to be a drop in percussion 20Ga. barrel for a TC Hawken and was octagon to round. In the mid 1980s Sharon Co. showed up at Friendship with a bunch of these barrels in the white that they were selling at very favorable prices. I don't recall the circumstances whether this was an order they got stuck with or what. Anyway some of my friends saw an opportunity. Buy a cheap quality barrel, trade the percussion breech to the TC dealer for a flint breech, a little file work, solder on some underlugs and presto trade gun barrel. This one was built by one of the Dunbar boys from Defiance Ohio.
Anyway a good solid shootable gun with some honest wear and only $485 plus shipping anywhere in the CONUS it is legal to ship to. Payment by postal money order or personal check with time to clear.

Attachments

• tg1.JPG
    tg1.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 2
  • tg2.JPG
    tg2.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
  • tg3.JPG
    tg3.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 0
  • tg4.JPG
    tg4.JPG