• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE An 11" Master Scrimmed Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Irish Jack

40 Cal.
Reaction score
11" Powder horn, brass button pour spout will accept threaded measure type pour tops. There is an acorn screw in/out button on plug for easy filling/emptying. There is a 48" black leather braided strap included. The picture horn was an early production by Wm. (Wild Willy) Frankfort of western PA fame. If you're not sure who he is, want to know about him. Search FB by copy and paste his full name as I posted it. The horn was made and scrimmed by Willy in 1992, the first full year he professionally work; he started in 1991. The horn has a Stampeding Buffalo Bull coming at you; as well as some trim lines and framing. The opposite side is blank for possibly a His Horn name space or other scrimming by you, who you'd want to put it on. That may devalue it as it is 27 years old made by a master in HIS early begginings. Add $10 toward S&H&Ins. If interested, PM, Message or email [email protected] w/ HORN in subject.
upload_2019-1-27_13-9-38.png upload_2019-1-27_13-10-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-27_13-0-40.png
    upload_2019-1-27_13-0-40.png
    158 KB · Views: 158
Davy,
The art of the Bison is a Plains Bison and although ownership by Voyagers of French persuasion would be acceptable. Willy said the horn would fit 1760 on; but is probably more accepted as 1820 on, early mountain-man on through post CW, early western settlement periods. The horn has a side open for scrim of script for saying, scripture, or owners Name and His Horn. I gifted my son and my brother horns and I still have six horns I won't part with. My 90% used horn is an Indian horn of F&I period design. Just design, no other embellishments. The story is my persona, released Ranger, a scout hunter and farmer got the horn after repelling an Indian raid. It's native owner had no use for earthly items, I do. This horn is $300.00 and I'll inc S&H to lower 48
I do have a matching pair (hunt and primer horn) that I won and only used for parades and non-skirmish events. They were copied from a set of Scottish design horns in the Museum at Ft Niagara near Youngstown, NY on the shores of Lake Ontario.Tom Aimes, highly respected, now retired and no longer making anything, was the Hornmaker/Scrimshander of the set. Early F&I 1745 on is their period. The lines are deep and heavy as they were early on. Later on, the lines were scratched in making finer art work. That set I'd take $325.00 for includes S&H lower 48. If interested I can send pics. An email addy is easier for me to send pics through. My email is [email protected]

Mad Irish Jack: You seem to have changed this advertisement into one that is offering two different horns, the original post's horn and a Scottish horn. Is the horn in the original post still for sale?

Yes it is still for sale. I reply to a quarry on the horn and mentioned I was thinking of selling another SET of horns an listed it as an alternative. I had it with me at a show and tell in late April and tendered an offer a little higher than I was asking, so I let it go. But the bison scrimshawed horn IS still for sale. I hadn't seen the post in a while and when I did due to an emoji, I posted it was gone. You can pull it all off if you would and I'll repost when I can, Thanks. Mad Jack

Back