• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Amusing/Ridiculous Muzzleloading Misconceptions...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was at the local shooting range one day, loading my rifle, a couple of guys came up to watch.
When I started raming the ball down the barrel one of them said to the other, "Talk about a waste of time! Shooting one of them guns makes as much sense as fly fishing."

After pulling the ramrod out of the barrel I looked at the guy and said, "I like fly fishing too."
They both turned and walked off in disgust. :)

I built my 1st muzzleloader in my 8th grade shop class. The science teacher, who had a mounted buck on the wall in his class, heard of this. One day he asked what I was building. I told him a 45 caliber Kentucky rifle. He said the 45 was too small to kill anything. That was upsetting for a 14 year old to hear this.

But what really used to tick me off was any time I was loading my rifle some jackass would be standing there saying " the bad guys are getting closer, Closer, CLOSER!!!" Then they would go into a long dissertation about how hard it was to make it shoot and hit anything.

Once I recall after some EXPERT said how inaccurate they were I shot a finch off a tree limb about 25 yards away. I was 15 and didn't know I could miss. My dad asked him if he wanted to trade places with the bird?

That rule does not apply to the muzzleloader season. Even the firearms season, all you have to do is call the DNR, and they give you a permit number. Easy peasy.

I didn't know that, but it really wasn't that big a deal.
The club range was less than 10 miles away - and my wife never would have been able to show up the other board members otherwise.

Well ,I wipe the bore after every shot, but don’t clean the whole thing.

Reactions: LME
While I was at the local shooting range one day, loading my rifle, a couple of guys came up to watch.
When I started raming the ball down the barrel one of them said to the other, "Talk about a waste of time! Shooting one of them guns makes as much sense as fly fishing."

After pulling the ramrod out of the barrel I looked at the guy and said, "I like fly fishing too."
They both turned and walked off in disgust. :)
Smoking a pipe, drinking a fine liquor, watching a great performance in a classic movie, reading a great book

I had my brother in law's son shoot my .45 longrifle. About 25 paces, first time shooter. Flintlock. He nails the cardboard target, near center. My BIL went up and examined the target. "It went thru the cardboard!! It went thru both sides! Oh, man, it went into the dirt!!" He was amazed. I believe he thought the rifle was something along the lines of a BB gun!!

I had my brother in law's son shoot my .45 longrifle. About 25 paces, first time shooter. Flintlock. He nails the cardboard target, near center. My BIL went up and examined the target. "It went thru the cardboard!! It went thru both sides! Oh, man, it went into the dirt!!" He was amazed. I believe he thought the rifle was something along the lines of a BB gun!!

What kind of BB gun doesn't go through cardboard? Many, many rabbits have been taken by my brother and I when we were kids with a cheap Crossman pump BB gun we found on the side of the road. We used to do all kinds of horrible things to that. One of my favorites was 3 BB's at once, and something like 30 pumps.

I stopped watching that show when I realized how utterly fake and staged it is. All "reality shows" are but that one is exceptionally bad..

The shop owner pretends to be an expert on everything, and the scripted dialogue is so bad it makes me cringe. Every item brought in could be on display at the Smithsonian.

If you wanted to make a real show about a pawn shop it would be people pawning a stolen tv for $15 or selling an old SKS to buy drugs. :p

You need to watch Detroit pawn the. Maybe it is motor city pawn?

Was shooting my Zouave, and hitting high. Guy said what would you kill with that?
i said paper, but it was designed to take a man`s appendage off at 200 yards, and i showed him a recovered Minni, asking if he`d ever want to be hit by that. After that he figured it would be good for moose. I let him have a shot with the giant Lee semi wad cutter -not sure how much they weigh, but take at least 2 shotgun slugs worth or lead to cast- and 100 gr of 3F...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back