Quantcast

American Pioneer Powder is Back in Business & Available

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Carbon 6

Cannon
Reaction score
Carbon,
You seem to be making a lot of faulty generalizations.
Keep in mind that dozens if not hundreds of these pellets were loaded into the bore of a cannon. Not one or two, it's hardly an equal comparison to what we call "pellets" today.
Also keep in mind that all gunpowder is "compressed".

It's plain and simple, muzzle loading cannons are traditional guns.
Muzzle loading is about more than shoulder fired guns.
Well ya, That's not my argument.
P.S. Did I mention I own two cannons ?

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Cutting to the chase, the Muzzleloading Forum does allow discussions about powder loads that come in the form of compressed pellets.
The concept of compressing powder into pellet form predates the cut off point for the forum and regardless of their initial purpose, pellets are used by some in their muzzleloading rifles.

The subject of this thread is the American Powder company so, let's please get back to talking about it and the powders they make for muzzleloaders.

Bledfor Days

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a wack of Jim Shockeys Yukon Gold Powder sticks. They're made by APP. Problem is they're square shaped and don't always ignite that well. Could they be ground up safely into a coarse powder? I don't know if that would affect pressure curves etc... I've considered putting a few grains of Goex in first to get it going.

Josephg

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have never smelled an ELEPHANT FART OR S$$T, does it smell like BACON COOKING?
I've not either but my wife must have. First time she smelled BP was when she came home from town, walked in the house while I was cleaning my new muzzle loader barrel in her bath tub in her new house. I bet the neighbors heard her. It was about that time I learned to clean my rifle before I got home. Always learning something.

Carbon 6

Cannon
Reaction score
Considering the current pandemic and the antipathological properties of sulfur dioxide ( the byproduct of burning sulfur) we should all probably be shooting real blackpowder or Pyrodex.

Latest posts