• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

American gun craft bulldog Howdah

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really like to find someone that owns and shoots one of these percussion howdahs. Have shot the 20 gauge Pedersoli that Dixie and Cabelas sells. They are nice guns and shoot great. But for between $250 and $300 less for a toy that will live in my shop these are interesting. Will probably take a chance and just order one.

Pedersoli has a well deserved reputation for excellent quality and they are a popular, decades old established brand.

I've never heard of this American company and frankly the guns look cheap and ugly.

Your choice. You can't go wrong with the Pedersoli though.

Does anyone have one or any experience with one or company that builds them. Interested in buying one to play with if any good. Thanks for any information.
These people are not trustworthy.After delay after delay after delay I ordered my muzzleloader pistol from them last winter and all they can do is come up with excuses.I will never buy anything from them again.

Does anyone have one or any experience with one or company that builds them. Interested in buying one to play with if any good. Thanks for any information.

That is one of the ugliest and poorly thought-out guns I have ever seen.
And I have seen plenty of ugly guns.

Am wondering if the designer or maker is familiar with guns at all.
am guessing he never took the time to look up pictures of other double-barrelled shotgun pistol designs.
Beware of this company.
Anybody that would try to put something like that out on the market can't be reputable.

Would really like to find someone that owns and shoots one of these percussion howdahs. Have shot the 20 gauge Pedersoli that Dixie and Cabelas sells. They are nice guns and shoot great. But for between $250 and $300 less for a toy that will live in my shop these are interesting. Will probably take a chance and just order one.

At your own risk.
Life is too short to spend time and money on manure like that.
But it's your life.

A lot of discussion on other forums about American Gun Craft and their guns. Nothing positive. They have been taking orders and money since last fall and have yet to deliver any production guns. Speculation is that they are under capitalized and need the money from orders to finance their equipment and material. If true, not a good business plan.

Would provide links to other forums discussing this outfit, but MLF rules do not permit. Do a search yourself, not difficult to find.

I did research it at time I was asking here on this forum. No more than they were asking for the percussion double I was interested in would probably have bought 2. Not for historical correctness but to keep in shop and around home to play with. Inability to get straight answers from anyone that represented the company caused me to drop it. At the moment my confidence in them ranks right up there with the Nigerian Prince and our politicians.

Clicking on Resources and Support at the bottom of their home page brings up links to some reference websites
that includes the muzzleloadingforum.--->>> https://americanguncraft.com/products/

After applying the $25 discount code, these 12 gauge pistols cost 60% of Cabela's $699 price for the 20 ga. Pedersoli Howdah Hunter.

View attachment 3023 View attachment 3024
I ordered one of them damn near a year ago.Delay after delay.Everyone who has ordered from them is saying the same thing.Sick and tired of their "several more weeks" Many folks are saying American Gun Craft is a rip off. My opinion is save your money and stay away from this company.

I was interested in the design of their percussion doubles to play with. Was also interested in the platform for other reasons. It would be easy to sleeve the barrels and make smaller gauge or caliber doubles. I have been doing that for years with breech loaders and now enjoy doing muzzleloaders. The cost they advertised was reasonable and buying multiple guns brought cost down even more. The fact that references didnt check out was one reason I lost interest in them. It is a dead issue to me now.

Those guns are ugly but I wouldn't want to be shot with one.

As far as I'm concerned, that break open gun ranks right along side the In-Line guns we don't discuss on the forum.

This is a "traditional forum" and it is in no way, historic, nor did guns like that exist prior to the 1865 cut-off date for the guns that are allowed here.

The side hammer "Bulldog" shotgun pistols American Gun Craft offers are at least in the ballpark for the types of guns we allow.

The Wrath percussion they advertised is closer to the Howdah and what I was interested in. Would still buy one to try out and play with if I could find one. For the cost if they are any good would be good platform for project guns. Would probably buy several as project guns. The inlines like one in photo I'm not interested in.

Still not interested in the inlines, the percussion wrath double with a bead sight and stock that looks like wood is not traditional but I would buy one. Depending on how it was made and shot would determine how many I bought as project guns for other builds. As a 12 gauge the bores would be large enough to line for smaller gauge smooth bore or rifled barrels. I would like one to play with, but seriously could be interested in basic gun as a project gun

The owner of this topic asked me to remove it but I think there is enough informative information about the gun to let it remain.

I am closing it to prevent additional posts that show the in-line version of the gun. (I've deleted 3 posts that were presenting this version of the gun and I don't want more of them on the forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back