• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Always fun introducing another to the sport

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mec0621

36 Cl.
Reaction score
A younger guy at work ask me if I would help him with a flintlock his uncle gave him. He has never fired a muzzleloader let alone a flintlock before. Today we met at the range and examined the gun, a nice Pedersoli Tennessee rifle in .50 cal. We swabbed the bore and then I had to change the flint as it was the wrong size and worn. I went over the measuring and loading and then how to prime the pan. He shot at a 6" circle and the gun went off without a hitch. To see the smile on his face after the smoke cleared was priceless. He said this is awesome, lol
When we examined the target he cut the left side of the bullesye.

I gave him some extra things I had and then write a list of a couple more things he'll need and he was going to order them today. He wants to practice more with it before Pennsylvania's late flintlock season cones Dec 26. He's excited to say the least. Not many young guys today are getting into flintlocks, most just want to buy a inline to be easy so anytime someone shows an interest I try to fan the embers and do what I can to pass this great sport forward.

Latest posts

Back