• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Also considering quitting due to >>>

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about quitting once.....

But decided against it.

Remembering what a childhood baseball coach I had once said... “quitters never win”.

It took me all of two seconds too quit.
Thinking about quitting it that is..

I wouldn’t let Covid, the msm, or what others say on a public forum influence my decisions on shooting my guns.... if I owned one that is..🥸

A lot of people take their politics very personally, and become emotional about them. Others view them more logically. When emotions (and some times logic) clash very often egos get involved and those conflicts can become irreconcilable. That's why we try to steer clear of them in the open forum. There is a section for politics here, (and there are plenty of other forums on the web for them too) but it's in the Premium Member section.

This is nothing compared to other more politically focused forums though there appears to be some here who live, eat and breath political rhetoric and incapable of separating it completely from any discussion.
If you see it outside of the political (non-muzzleloading) area report it, the Mods don't always see it, they're not omnipresent.

Clocks go back this weekend. I'm setting mine for 1865. . . . :horseback:
That will put you two hours behind the rest of the country. Might not be that bad of an idea actually. Let things play out before you become aware of them. Then go forward next fall & get back in sync!;)

I agree, not the forum for political views. Best just to ignore those replies and stick to the topic at hand. Maybe a polite pm to the poster would help?

Don't quit, just participate in the forums you like! It is just like TV, movies, businesses, etc, you pick what you like and avoid what you don't.
On occasion it spills over into the muzzleloading sections, people make little politically referenced comments that are actually not appropriate for the thread. They need to learn to control themselves or have the mods control them. The problem is the mods can't control them if the problem post is not seen by them or not reported, that's what the Report button is for.

Political rhetoric will as stated creep into the discussions one way or another, some very minor others flat out. These are times of un-certainty for all the shooting sports, usually the moderators will catch it some slips bye, In that case if you do not like what your seeing ignore it. But I do suggest that we all keep current in the political arena especially now. It is going to effect us all.

Sorry ,I watch the news constantly. For more intrusions into our 2nd amendment rights........see, I just became political! Kind of hard to separate topics in a shooting forum, as the two are kind of linked together. But talking guns in general to people in person , these topics will spring up. Same thing online.

I agree.. I tend to lose respect for the political posters here too. There are places for political opinions and all, but I don't come to this forum for that. I wish those who love to bash politically could develop their own forum and go there for their soapbox needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back