• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Allen Hawken rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wood on the Bridger gun is what i'm used to seeing. Very plain.

John Johnstons (aka Liver Eatin Jeremiah) rifle had a lot of figure. I believe it is in the Cody Museum.. Since the movie that doesn't even feature a genuine Hawken is why we all spend so much time talking about these particular guns, I reckon we can take a page from his actual gun and enjoy them with stripes, or not.

John Johnstons (aka Liver Eatin Jeremiah) rifle had a lot of figure. I believe it is in the Cody Museum.. Since the movie that doesn't even feature a genuine Hawken is why we all spend so much time talking about these particular guns, I reckon we can take a page from his actual gun and enjoy them with stripes, or not.

Yes, i've accepted plain or fancy. I'm a fan of Bridger, so i'll go with plain. It seems to suit the rugged conditions the mountain men had to face.

Yep, That movie and the Mini Series Centennial got me down this slippery slope of muzzlelaoding. ..:rolleyes:

Yes, i've accepted plain or fancy. I'm a fan of Bridger, so i'll go with plain. It seems to suit the rugged conditions the mountain men had to face.
I'm not sure I understand your concept here, a figured stock would be no less durable in a setting of the one you suggest? A figured maple stock isn't weaker than a plain one.

I'm not sure I understand your concept here, a figured stock would be no less durable in a setting of the one you suggest? A figured maple stock isn't weaker than a plain one.

I think he is just saying "A plain horse, for a plain John Adams!" As in "no fancy rifles round here!"

Surprise, surprise the postal service screwed up again. The rifle was supposed to get here today and it was delivered to the post office, just not my post office.
It got delivered to a town about 60 miles from me, so now I'll have to wait for it to return to the distribution center and redirected.

I used to get that all the time. I would never have the PO ship a gun to me or from me anymore. They suck!

I have had an Allen for a number of years. It is an excellent shooter. I shoot I believe .530 round balls and a .010 lubed patch over 70gr. of Goex ffg. I have in the past shot clover leafed groups at 50 yards and 1 1/2" groups at 100 yds. I probably can't do it today because of aging eyesight and shaking. Here are a few photos of my rifle.

DSC03545-1.JPG
DSC03548-1.JPG
DSC03550-1.JPG
DSC03553-1.JPG
DSC03551-1.JPG

I have had an Allen for a number of years. It is an excellent shooter. I shoot I believe .530 round balls and a .010 lubed patch over 70gr. of Goex ffg. I have in the past shot clover leafed groups at 50 yards and 1 1/2" groups at 100 yds. I probably can't do it today because of aging eyesight and shaking. Here are a few photos of my rifle.

View attachment 78191View attachment 78192View attachment 78193View attachment 78194View attachment 78195
Pretty much looks like the same rifle. The crown on mine is different though. I not sure if it came from the factory that way or if someone worked on it after the fact.

Attachments

• IMGP0733.JPG
    IMGP0733.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
Back