• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Allen Box Lock Action

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a barrel from a Sharps rifle, 45 caliber, 18" twist that I bought for a good price and have been wondering what to do with it. I notice that Pecatonica has an Allen box lock action that might be a good match and make a good long range rifle. Has anyone here had any experience with these actions?

Good question. I haven't gotten far enough in the thought process to ask them.
Be aware that Pete Allen is no longer making these. If they have one in stock, I'd ask what spare parts they have available. I just went through that with a frizzen spring.
Kevin

I have done this with a Badger .451 barrel a few years ago. Pete's action worked well. Ended up selling the rifle to a buddy. Shot a lot of deer with it was well.

Fleener

I emailed them last year about the availability of the Allen Box lock. They replied that they were not in stock. Same for the Gun Works out of Oregon. I would like to have one but it looks like they are no longer available.

Latest posts

Back