• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Allen and Thurber?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbh1956

32 Cal
Reaction score
10969D5C-B337-49DF-A04F-4F799ECBEF91.jpeg
644ED4BB-4B57-41D5-9E08-632C3BB0CBAD.jpeg
39B5C7E9-E390-44B0-BB74-FC3DC6078E04.jpeg
9332491E-928D-4FED-A893-78CAF4D358BD.jpeg
1B20F2FF-83B7-4CED-B7E1-A18164D6FBE9.jpeg
Sad condition. Hammer missing. It was really nice once. Any thoughts?

Any recommendations who could restore to a shootable condition if really possible?

Our local Gunbuilder could do it, and I'm sure there are lot's of smiths out there capable of Bringing it back. It looks to be in pretty good shape, there is lots of barrel to work with so it could be re-rifled no problem. You might start by researching a muzzleloading club in your area and reach out there for local help.

I was wondering if you ever got this one repaired? I have one similar to this that is in similar if not in worse condition. It was found leaning up against a tree . So the but plate are pretty much gone. My brother years ago used some bondo to restructure the but plate and stock."

Latest posts

Back