• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

All this was given to me as a gift from my brother.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is mine.
90DE3918-87E5-43BD-BCD0-1A488FC570C4.jpeg

Yes, I agree. Remington did it better. I just love the history of the Colts, particularly of the use by Texas Rangers being a Native Texan. I really want to find a Paterson one day. I removed the blue off of the cylinder on mine to be historically correct. I purchased an extra cylinder to do that as not to alter the original.

Yes, I agree. Remington did it better. I just love the history of the Colts, particularly of the use by Texas Rangers being a Native Texan. I really want to find a Paterson one day. I removed the blue off of the cylinder on mine to be historically correct. I purchased an extra cylinder to do that as not to alter the original.
I could go on and on about Texas history but I'll spare you for now.

Yep Texas Jack was a Legend. One thing Also is if your a Lonesome Dove fan, the real life story of Oliver Loving and Charlie Goodnight is even better than the movie. It was what Lonesome Dove was based off of.

Yep Texas Jack was a Legend. One thing Also is if your a Lonesome Dove fan, the real life story of Oliver Loving and Charlie Goodnight is even better than the movie. It was what Lonesome Dove was based off of.
Yes, I read that story. They were real people. I wish I could shoot a Colt Walker like Agustus McCray.

Yes, I read that story. They were real people. I wish I could shoot a Colt Walker like Agustus McCray.
I have watched the Lonesome Dove movie at least ten times over the years. I have to watch it every once in a while just to keep my head on straight.

Wish I could sling two of them like Josey Wales. Lol. I also got this Colt Dragoon for 200.00 last week. I couldn’t believe my luck. The guy at the pawnshop didn’t even know what it was. It was missing 2 screws which I have coming this week. This one is a signature model with Sam Colt Signature on the backstrap.
038FBCDF-AED8-41A1-BF80-F3A0A0B899BD.jpeg

You REALLY need to watch them. Even better than Lonesome Dove in some ways. Lonesome Dove is like the second to the last of Gus and Calls adventures. You need to watch Deadman’s Walk, Comanche Moon, and Streets of Laredo, and Return to Lonesome Dove.

You REALLY need to watch them. Even better than Lonesome Dove in some ways. Lonesome Dove is like the second to the last of Gus and Calls adventures. You need to watch Deadman’s Walk, Comanche Moon, and Streets of Laredo, and Return to Lonesome Dove.
I read them all, not quite in the right order, but Larry McMurtry didn’t quite write them in order!
He was the finest writer Tejas has given the world, sad we just lost him recently.

Back