• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

All this was given to me as a gift from my brother.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No brothers bye birth here but a buddy who is more than a brother, one sister I have not spoken too in 3 years and will never speak to her. Like they always told me choose you friends wisely because you cannot choose family members.

Finally got my Walker!

5F8EA0AB-D3C8-4EFB-BB29-E175478F41C0.jpeg
9E0C902F-280D-4E72-9924-A16FB296FC01.jpeg

My Brother has given me a lot over the years. He is the best. He just likes to see other people’s face light up when he surprises them. I thought he was turning cowboy, kept talking about Wild Bill, so I bought him some Hickok grips for his Colt Navy. Found out he was messing with me. I put money down on an engraved ‘73 for him. Then he said, Bro, the Colt Navy and the Remington I bought is for you! Happy Birthday. Talk about a gift of the Magi story, This is it!

Here is another one I picked up. This one I am fixing up. But I don’t know why someone would buy a limited edition Signature Model Colt Dragoon and treat it like this. Probably a Civil War Reenactor or used as a truck gun is my guess. Anyway the guy at the pawn shop had no idea what he had here. It was in pieces with missing screws. I offered him 200.00 for it as is. Now this old Colt Dragoon is mine. I am not sure what generation it is because of conflicting information but it has a round front, square back and oval notches on the cylinder. I’m thinking Gen 2? Made 1996. First pic shows how I got it. Second is after I restored a little of the bluing to protect against further pitting and rust and removed it from the cylinder as was how they were originally issued to the military USMR. Blued cylinders were for the civilian market.

C8D2BB5F-BE91-42B3-9BB8-681D7A1394C1.jpeg
95ADBE14-5A75-4F98-B20F-14AAABCEBB44.jpeg
C8D2BB5F-BE91-42B3-9BB8-681D7A1394C1.jpeg
95ADBE14-5A75-4F98-B20F-14AAABCEBB44.jpeg

Your Brother is a good man ! I'll trade you two of my brothers for him <G>

I see you are new to the forum. We love to discuss the first one, but that second modern one is not to be discussed here.

Thanks
O.R.
I'm new to this forum. Please explain "We love to discuss the first one, but that second modern one is not to be discussed here."

I'm new to this forum. Please explain "We love to discuss the first one, but that second modern one is not to be discussed here."
Any firearm that shoots a metallic cartridge is not to be discussed. One of the firearms I was gifted had a conversion cylinder. I posted the picture when I was new.

Back