• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Alatriste

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alden

Cannon
Reaction score
Tac went to see Captain Alatriste: The Spanish Musketeer, or just Alatriste, in Spain which you Gringos won't have seen. Made in '06 it stars Vigo Mortensen who speaks in Spanish along with everyone else in the film that was only screened here in the U.S. 16th C. guns and sharp pointy things as well as amazing costuming, backdrops, and intrigue abound, and it has more than its fair share of accurate fight and battle scenes NOT by swashbuckling swashbucklers of the "golden age of Hollywood" junk either.

Mortensen plays the Spanish soldier-turned-mercenary Captain Alatriste, a heroic figure from the country's 17th century imperial wars. This dramatic adventure movie is filmed to look like a classic painting turned gritty period-correct piece. It is also the most expensive film ever shot in Europe. I can't say it is a "10" but it does get

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

If this is your genre and you're willing to invest the time and money it is worthwhile IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAcrIr84OdQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Alden said:
Oops, meant "1600's guns and sharp pointy things... abound".

One of those intellectual traps that gets us all, every once and a while. I'm wondering who was so cruel to invent such a thing.

Would it have been so hard to have started out the first 99 years as the Zeroth Century? That would have solved the problem :hmm: :grin:

Yup, seen it before. It's a pretty good movie and a pretty good series of novels as well. The movie is kind of a mishmash of all of them.

Native Arizonan said:
Alden said:
Oops, meant "1600's guns and sharp pointy things... abound".

One of those intellectual traps that gets us all, every once and a while. I'm wondering who was so cruel to invent such a thing.

Would it have been so hard to have started out the first 99 years as the Zeroth Century? That would have solved the problem :hmm: :grin:
:wink: :haha: Way to simple...why do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way! I learned it young when one of the comments on the Mickey Mouse club was "leaders of the 21st century"...teach'em young! :rotf:

Back