• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Alaska People?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up here. Soldotna to be exact. I have been building a kit Kentucky rifle, which is about done. I'm a long-time gun guy and hunter, but new to BP. I will be taking my gun out for 1st firing next weekend if it warms up. Not thrilled about shooting in below zero weather!

Awesome! I have been putting off any kind of plinking for the same reason, handling small tedious items necessary to shoot is very unpleasant!

I haven't even busted a cap yet! I'll wait for milder weather (-12 here). My rifle is now done and I'm waiting for the next kit in the mail.

We live in the Valley. I took the the F&G ML test last year (2019) when it was well below freezing...I thought that was cold and was very glad when they said I passed the shooting part. This year (2020) I checked out a new place to shoot (killing time while the dog was at the beauty shop) and there were a couple of guys shooting ML...it was 15 degrees when I got home.

I'm up here. Soldotna to be exact. I have been building a kit Kentucky rifle, which is about done. I'm a long-time gun guy and hunter, but new to BP. I will be taking my gun out for 1st firing next weekend if it warms up. Not thrilled about shooting in below zero weather!

right on I do a lot of fishing in that area. I have land and a hand built log cabin in the outskirts of ninilchik

41 years in Southeast. Thorne Bay and Ketchikan then the last 31 in Haines. I had more fun and adventure than a man deserves but as of last August I'm in sunny Cochise County Arizona getting ready for the monthly shoot in the woods. The kids are still in Anchorage and Soldotna enjoying the winter weather :eek: that I don't miss at all.

Just stumbled into this thread. I grew up in Girdwood in the 60's and 70's but have been in Fairbanks full time since 97. I've been interested in muzzleloaders most of my life but got my first one, a .54 GPR (percussion) only about seven years ago. Despite the challenge of getting real black powder here I'd really like to get a flintlock rifle or smoothbore in the near future.

Back