Alaska People?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Npeters

32 Cal
Reaction score
What part of the state?! Just curious to see if theres anyone up here shooting or doing any kind of building.

Reaction score
I'm up here. Soldotna to be exact. I have been building a kit Kentucky rifle, which is about done. I'm a long-time gun guy and hunter, but new to BP. I will be taking my gun out for 1st firing next weekend if it warms up. Not thrilled about shooting in below zero weather!

Npeters

32 Cal
Reaction score
Awesome! I have been putting off any kind of plinking for the same reason, handling small tedious items necessary to shoot is very unpleasant!

Reaction score
I haven't even busted a cap yet! I'll wait for milder weather (-12 here). My rifle is now done and I'm waiting for the next kit in the mail.

good ole boy

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
That -12 must feel like a heat wave compared to Hawgeye,s -40.:confused::eek:

LeonardC

32 Cal
Reaction score
We live in the Valley. I took the the F&G ML test last year (2019) when it was well below freezing...I thought that was cold and was very glad when they said I passed the shooting part. This year (2020) I checked out a new place to shoot (killing time while the dog was at the beauty shop) and there were a couple of guys shooting ML...it was 15 degrees when I got home.

sawyer04

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Homer. First gun I saw go off was my father shooting a muzzle loader at dusk. The flame was really impressive to a kid sitting in the back of a '49 Hudson.
The 49 Hudson would be impressive too.