Alaska Black Bear...

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

crowbarforge

32 Cal
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
...anyone know where I can buy 2F or 3F black powder in Fairbanks Alaska? I'd like to take my flinter on this hunt, but need to find someone to buy from in Fairbanks.

azmntman

Cannon
Reaction score
My sister is in North Pole, make sure you don't shoot her. From behind remarkable resemblance. She is ALMOST FAR ENOUGH A WAY.

.36Rooster

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Purchase it online and have it shipped to your guideand just pay the hazmat fee.

LeonardC

32 Cal
Reaction score
"Purchase it online and have it shipped to your guideand (sic) just pay the hazmat fee." To Alaska...give it a try and let us know how that worked out.

It can be done...but not really. Every thing has to be shipped to AK. Hazmat stuff can not be sent by air. Most stuff is shipped to AK by air. It's pretty hard to get your small order included on a barge...the big boys control most of that. Might be easier to find someone that is driving up and have them bring it up for you...but then Canada is in lock down.

I see very little powder or primers on the shelves when I look.

Talk to your guide and see what he suggests. OR call all the gun shops in Fairbanks and see if anyone has what you want in stock and will hold it for you if you pay in advance.

.36Rooster

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
If you're going to do it I'd do it now. That way you know it's there waiting for you to arrive (and before the muddling bidens start their muddling).

Just call up your guide and tell him what you intend to do and make sure he's okay with it.

OldMaineWoodsman

32 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say enough about Great Northern Guns. I visited there back in 2003. Old fashioned, friendly gun shop.

flintlock75

45 Cal.
Reaction score
...anyone know where I can buy 2F or 3F black powder in Fairbanks Alaska? I'd like to take my flinter on this hunt, but need to find someone to buy from in Fairbanks.
I just read your post, if you still need powder let me know, I am not in fbx but my daughter lives there. If GNG can’t help let me know. There is powder to be had