• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Alafia Rendezvous info..........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone on this website invited me to attend the Alafia Rendezvous event in January 2023. We are thinking about attending.
Unfortunately...I cannot remember who invited me and failed to write the person's name down several months ago!
I'd love to talk to that individual & have some questions to ask.
If you know who that was, ask him to PM me of if you're attend the event, I'd love to talk to you!
Thanks in advance....

ALAFIA-2023-Visitor-Banner_400-pix_2.jpg

Went there last year, have been there many times. Great event, great people. Primitive and modern camping areas.

Went there last year, have been there many times. Great event, great people. Primitive and modern camping areas.
Excellent. We aren't going to camp. We will be flying to Florida, so, camping is out.
I'm taking the cameras with me for a day visit only.
Hopefully I can get some cool footage to make a fun video of the event.....and...get away from the cold in KY for few days.

If you come to day visit public days are Friday and Saturday. Limited shooting on Saturday. We took a pretty good hit from Ian but all expect to be up and running

Well, if I can get through a couple more interview rounds with a company less than an hour from Homestead, our family will be moving into the area. Hopefully, I'll know something within the next couple weeks

Well, if I can get through a couple more interview rounds with a company less than an hour from Homestead, our family will be moving into the area. Hopefully, I'll know something within the next couple weeks
I lived 18 years in Ft Lauderdale. There are no muzzleloading shoots within 220 miles of there. You have your choice of public ranges (Markham Park, Trail Glades) that are not welcoming to muzzleloaders. I left FL in October 2020 and moved to OH so I could resume shooting.

I lived 18 years in Ft Lauderdale. There are no muzzleloading shoots within 220 miles of there. You have your choice of public ranges (Markham Park, Trail Glades) that are not welcoming to muzzleloaders. I left FL in October 2020 and moved to OH so I could resume shooting.
[/QUOTE]

Who could not like the smell of burning sulfur? Do you know if the membership clubs are more welcoming to the holy black? If all else fails, I'll have to drag my sharps 1874 45-70 and burn the black

There is a small club at Tamiami Trail that might hold matches there on Saturday mornings for fun. Membership clubs consist of Hollywood Rifle and pistol who ran off the muzzleloaders for making too much noise and the range at the end of Rt 27 near the swamp (used to be called Pop's) where folks gather to shoot their combat Tupperware, which is super popular in that part of the state. The range at Markham Park sometimes had a few old timers with BP cartridge rifles but they have passed on. These days you will often wait more than an hour to use their range. I had to travel to Bartow to the Florida Frontiersmen or the Central Florida Muzzleloaders range near the Orlando Airport to shoot in a match, so unless I had the time to drive 500 miles round trip I didn't go. The last few years I was there I shot 2 matches a year, one at the Alafia River Rendezvous and the FL State Championships held in Central FL.

That was one of the main questions..what's the location look like ?
Thanks........still debating whether we are going or not.
The ranges are all in good shape. We shot last weekend. Cosmetic damage to fences and other structures. The FFL club will be working every weekend coming up to get everything squared away

Latest posts

Back