• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Ahhhhh I'm so frustrated

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay I have to admit I only got into blackpowder very recently, like yesterday. I’ve being buying all this equipment and supplies. I even found powder and caps and have them in route. But I don’t have a gun. I’ve ordered a kit but it’s from Dixie Gun works so not sure when it will ship. I even ordered a pistol from Taylor& Co. but they cancelled the order after saying it was ordered. So it’s in no-were-land. So I’ve re-ordered from Midway and I hope that works. But it’s killing me, I’ve been getting everything purchased and yet still no gun. I should have waited and just bought a completed gun but too late for that now. And now to really screw me over I didn’t change my with holding taxes last year after my with passed away and I owe an additional $1900 in taxes because I didn’t change from married to single. So no buying anything for a while. Got to admit when I screw up I really screw up.

Going to have most of my esophagus removed tomorrow morning. Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll be ok and soon having more fun with this stuff than you have time for! I gotta longer wait than you do I suspect and it makes me smile every time I think about making a big cloud of smoke again. Try and enjoy the waiting with some day dreaming!

Okay I have to admit I only got into blackpowder very recently, like yesterday. I’ve being buying all this equipment and supplies. I even found powder and caps and have them in route. But I don’t have a gun. I’ve ordered a kit but it’s from Dixie Gun works so not sure when it will ship. I even ordered a pistol from Taylor& Co. but they cancelled the order after saying it was ordered. So it’s in no-were-land. So I’ve re-ordered from Midway and I hope that works. But it’s killing me, I’ve been getting everything purchased and yet still no gun. I should have waited and just bought a completed gun but too late for that now. And now to really screw me over I didn’t change my with holding taxes last year after my with passed away and I owe an additional $1900 in taxes because I didn’t change from married to single. So no buying anything for a while. Got to admit when I screw up I really screw up.
Hang in there, many of us screw up and have to backtrack. My brother owed the Govt. some money once and he paid it off in about a year. He started out in mountain man doin's and wound up in Civil War reenacting and was much happier. He had been in the U.S. Marines back in the day and I believe he felt more at home. He had lost 1/2 a foot, and used that as an advantage, crawling off battlefields in front of spectators during skirmishes. Folks loved it.

Going to have most of my esophagus removed tomorrow morning. Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll be ok and soon having more fun with this stuff than you have time for! I gotta longer wait than you do I suspect and it makes me smile every time I think about making a big cloud of smoke again. Try and enjoy the waiting with some day dreaming!

Hoping this all went well for you.

I do agree on the frendly folk. And I would do a WTB but I won't be doing any buying of anything until May at least but thanks for the info.

In the meantime, check out the percussion revolver videos from Duelist1954 and Blackie Thomas on YouTube. Great stuff! I’ve had to wait and budget for guns to but trust me, it will be worth the wait! Percussion revolvers are the cats meow!!

Don’t sweat the small stuff. If you ordered from DGW and they had the kit in stock it takes about 4 weeks to receive it. Good luck and shooting BP is so much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where about in the big horns you hang yer hat, heading to buffalo Wyomong in October to prowl the prairies for goats and hopefully a mulie.

There is nothing more valuable to a person with a gun ,or waiting for one, than patience.

Firestick, my wife and I have you and yours in our prayers. God speed.
John&Joan

Hope it all went as well as can be expected for you, Sir. Having recently had a number of unpleasant ops for skin cancer, I can sympathise with all that you are going through. My thoughts are with you and yours.

I certainly hope all went well with your surgery and you make a quick recovery so you are able to get back to doing the things you love to do with the people you love doing them with. All the best.

Your not far from buffalo, last time we were out that way hunting goats had a bad day of really nasty weather decided to do some sight seeing in Sheridan, visited I think it was the governors mansion there neat place, and also went to the museum about the plains Indians. Had lunch at a local eateries something to do with cowboys was in the name good food. All the folks we met were really nice and friendly, had a great time. Hope your doing well.

It's oxymoronic that when we are. younger, with our whole lives in front of us that we are the most impatient. When we are older, and have less time to live, that we have more.

Good luck we are with you in prayer.

Back