• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Aged, 1700's looking, one day hunt powder horn.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:
I have a very nice (1700’s looking) one day hunt powder horn. This one really has some curve! The horn measures 10” around the curve; pour spout tip to cap, but it only measures 4.5” across the curve! So; as you can see, it has some pretty drastic curve. The price is $70.00 + $10.00 s&h USD$ to the lower 48 states.

This horn will hold just enough powder for a day of hunting; or a Woods Walk shoot, as another forum member noted.
I've aged the look of this horn with my custom blend of dyes and stains.
The horn has a 5/8” wide 4 oz. top quality, Vegetable tanned Brown leather strap. The strap has been punched for adjustment using a Conway buckle. The strap has a keeper. The horn has an Elk antler button toggle and soft buckskin thong to aid in length adjustment. The adjustment will let you change the "hang" length from 33” to 45”. It hangs long enough for even the biggest guy; like me. There’s an Iron staple on both ends. One staple is in the cap and one in the horn’s tip end. The soft Buckskin adjustment thong is tied to the staple on the horn’s tip end. The strap is directly attached to the staple on the cap end, by folding and riveting. There’s a hand carved White tail antler spout plug tied to the staple on the pour spout end with a piece of the buckskin thong, for loss prevention.

This horn has my non-sparking fill design. Its 3/8-16 threaded Brass rod attached to a Maple drawer pull for convenience during filling. No more wasted or spilled powder. The threaded brass rod is pinned to the Maple drawer pull with 1/8” Birch dowel rod for added strength and a PC look of the Fur Trade Era. The cap (plug) is Oak, it’s been meticulously hand fitted. It’s held on with 7 Copper nails, then wax sealed for water resistance. There’s NO glue on this horn! This horn was made using 1700’s methods.

The strap is signed by me as you can see in the photos.

If you have any questions or comments, please PM me here.
I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the lower 48 states. Shipping outside the US is costly. Please PM for OTUS prices.

I prefer PayPal friends and family, but I take postal and bank money orders. Money orders will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

As always, thanks for looking.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Attachments

• Really curved horn 001 edited.jpg
    Really curved horn 001 edited.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 125
  • Really curved horn 002 edited.jpg
    Really curved horn 002 edited.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Really curved horn 003 edited.jpg
    Really curved horn 003 edited.jpg