• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Afternoon hunting.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The weather was rough this AM, sleet, wind and rain. So I did some chores but by midday I was ready to go.
I was hunting rabbits and pheasant.
The first rabbit got a lucky break, the cap failed to light the charge!
The second rabbit was not so fortunate. Semi hidden on a brook bank below me I could only make out its rump and purely guessed it's head position. The ball found its neck and the rabbit took a bath in the brook!

The second rabbit a large buck I was aiming for that black eye at nearly 30 yards and the ball found its mark again.

Content with two rabbits I switched to shot hoping for a pheasant.
Well I missed a couple on the wing that Jess pushed out of the brambles, easy shots really and I was somewhat confused!
As the day drew to a close we stumbled on a rooster only this time before he could lift I leveled on him and sent the shot.

I enjoyed today, what a blessing. Nothing beats a muzzloader on the satisfaction scale. And some good meat to cook next week.

B.

Britsmoothy said:
Nothing beats a muzzloader on the satisfaction scale.
You can say that again.

You had a great hunt, Brits, thanks for sharing. I don't know about you, but I get extra satisfaction from making it work in difficult conditions, rain and such.

I envy you your pheasant hunting, I really enjoyed what little of that I've ever done.

Spence

George said:
Britsmoothy said:
Nothing beats a muzzloader on the satisfaction scale.
You can say that again.

You had a great hunt, Brits, thanks for sharing. I don't know about you, but I get extra satisfaction from making it work in difficult conditions, rain and such.

I envy you your pheasant hunting, I really enjoyed what little of that I've ever done.

Spence

Don't envy me brother, I am very very fortunate and at any moment it could be taken away from me!
Thanks all.

B.

Well done Brit! :bow: Jess seems to prefer squirrels to rabbits. She doesn't seem too interested in the one in the photo. You are a fortunate man to get to hunt as much as you do. If you can put your hands on some clear plastic tubing about 3/16"ID cut in 1/8" sections, you can push the sections down over your cap and nipple. This seals them from inclement weather and dosen.t interfere with the fire. Keep yer powder dry.......robin

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back